Seaside, Magritte, Pier and Pier Blog on the 3.9 Universe

Seaside, Magritte, Pier and Pier Blog on the 3.9 Universe

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

I would like to inform you about the creation of Seaside, Magritte,
Pier and Pier blog packages on Lex Spoon's Universes. So, if you use
Universes, you will be able to easily install one of this packages
(dependencies are took care automatically).

[Advert] Don't forget the squeak-dev image. The last version is based
on Universes and if you use it, installing one of the packages will be
really really ease. http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/

Bye

--
Damien Cassou

Re: Seaside, Magritte, Pier and Pier Blog on the 3.9 Universe

Mark Aufflick-6
Hi Damien,

I have downloaded your latest image, but I can't find any online
documentation explaining how to find/use the Universes package
management. Or am I confused about what Universes provides?

Mark.

On 3/19/07, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to inform you about the creation of Seaside, Magritte,
> Pier and Pier blog packages on Lex Spoon's Universes. So, if you use
> Universes, you will be able to easily install one of this packages
> (dependencies are took care automatically).
>
> [Advert] Don't forget the squeak-dev image. The last version is based
> on Universes and if you use it, installing one of the packages will be
> really really ease. http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/
>
> Bye
>
> --
> Damien Cassou

Mark Aufflick
 e: [hidden email]
 w: mark.aufflick.com
 p: +61 438 700 647
 f: +61 2 9436 4737

Re: Seaside, Magritte, Pier and Pier Blog on the 3.9 Universe

Damien Cassou-3
If you've downloaded the version 95, in the ScriptManager you will see
a documentation named 'Optional Packages' (the ScriptManager is the
left window opened when you first open the image). If you closed
ScriptManager, go to the world menu->open...->ScriptManager.

Here is a copy/past:

"
Optional packages can be installed through the Package Universe
Browser (to open it, click on the link or go to the world
menu->open...->Package Universe Browser).

The package universe contains a set of popular packages that are known
to work together. Just choose your package and install.
"

If this is still not clear please tell me and ask questions, I will change it.

2007/3/22, Mark Aufflick <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Damien,
>
> I have downloaded your latest image, but I can't find any online
> documentation explaining how to find/use the Universes package
> management. Or am I confused about what Universes provides?
>
> Mark.
>
> On 3/19/07, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to inform you about the creation of Seaside, Magritte,
> > Pier and Pier blog packages on Lex Spoon's Universes. So, if you use
> > Universes, you will be able to easily install one of this packages
> > (dependencies are took care automatically).
> >
> > [Advert] Don't forget the squeak-dev image. The last version is based
> > on Universes and if you use it, installing one of the packages will be
> > really really ease. http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/
> >
> > Bye
> >
> > --
> > Damien Cassou

> Mark Aufflick
>  e: [hidden email]
>  w: mark.aufflick.com
>  p: +61 438 700 647
>  f: +61 2 9436 4737

Damien Cassou

Re: Seaside, Magritte, Pier and Pier Blog on the 3.9 Universe

Mark Aufflick-6
Hi Damien,

Thanks a lot. The instructions below worked fine (not sure why I
didn't see it in the open menu). FYI the Script manager doesn't seem
to have a documentation titled "optional packages" in squeak-dev-93.

Universe installer is great though!

Mark.

On 3/23/07, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you've downloaded the version 95, in the ScriptManager you will see
> a documentation named 'Optional Packages' (the ScriptManager is the
> left window opened when you first open the image). If you closed
> ScriptManager, go to the world menu->open...->ScriptManager.
>
> Here is a copy/past:
>
> "
> Optional packages can be installed through the Package Universe
> Browser (to open it, click on the link or go to the world
> menu->open...->Package Universe Browser).
>
> The package universe contains a set of popular packages that are known
> to work together. Just choose your package and install.
> "
>
> If this is still not clear please tell me and ask questions, I will change it.
>
> 2007/3/22, Mark Aufflick <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi Damien,
> >
> > I have downloaded your latest image, but I can't find any online
> > documentation explaining how to find/use the Universes package
> > management. Or am I confused about what Universes provides?
> >
> > Mark.
> >
> > On 3/19/07, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I would like to inform you about the creation of Seaside, Magritte,
> > > Pier and Pier blog packages on Lex Spoon's Universes. So, if you use
> > > Universes, you will be able to easily install one of this packages
> > > (dependencies are took care automatically).
> > >
> > > [Advert] Don't forget the squeak-dev image. The last version is based
> > > on Universes and if you use it, installing one of the packages will be
> > > really really ease. http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/
> > >
> > > Bye
> > >
> > > --
> > > Damien Cassou