Seaside Metacello and optional dependencies

Seaside Metacello and optional dependencies

Aaron Rosenzweig
Hi,

I’m working on a demo app that is in a public repo and trying to setup my baseline correctly for loading via Metacello.

Here is the snippet I’m using to include Seaside:
seaside: spec
spec
baseline: 'Seaside3'
with: [ spec repository: '<a href="github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository" class="">github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository' ].

This works well; however, I want to use Prototype-Core and Scriptaculous-Core. These don’t come out of the box. I sort of know that jQuery is the new hotness but consider this academic, I want to know how to include Prototype / Scriptaculous. Right now I can manually load them from Iceberg but I’d prefer this to be automatic and easy for a newcomer.

Still, I’m stumbling finding the right syntax to set this up. Maybe I overlooked something obvious, that could be the case.

My goal is to have a simple AddressBook app with a little eye candy by resurrecting Alan’s (Objcentric’s) tutorial and mating it to a SQL backend with Petter’s HeySql. The URL for that is: https://github.com/recurve/ScriptaculistPharoHeySql

I’m open to using jQuery instead but I first want to do it with Scriptaculous. I’m also very curious in how to get this syntax right in general, for baselines, as an academic exercise.

Thanks in advance,
— Aaron

Re: Seaside Metacello and optional dependencies

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Aaron,

You can load specific groups. Instead of

spec
  baseline: 'Seaside3'
  with: [ spec repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository' ]

you write

spec
  baseline: 'Seaside3'
  with: [ spec repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository'; loads: #('Prototype-Core' 'Scriptaculous-Core') ]

assuming these are actual groups of BaselineOfSeaside3 (see its class comment).

HTH,

Sven

> On 10 Mar 2021, at 17:45, Aaron Rosenzweig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m working on a demo app that is in a public repo and trying to setup my baseline correctly for loading via Metacello.
>
> Here is the snippet I’m using to include Seaside:
> seaside: spec
> spec
> baseline: 'Seaside3'
> with: [ spec repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository' ].
>
> This works well; however, I want to use Prototype-Core and Scriptaculous-Core. These don’t come out of the box. I sort of know that jQuery is the new hotness but consider this academic, I want to know how to include Prototype / Scriptaculous. Right now I can manually load them from Iceberg but I’d prefer this to be automatic and easy for a newcomer.
>
> I did read this manual: https://github.com/pharo-open-documentation/pharo-wiki/blob/master/General/Baselines.md
>
> Still, I’m stumbling finding the right syntax to set this up. Maybe I overlooked something obvious, that could be the case.
>
> My goal is to have a simple AddressBook app with a little eye candy by resurrecting Alan’s (Objcentric’s) tutorial and mating it to a SQL backend with Petter’s HeySql. The URL for that is: https://github.com/recurve/ScriptaculistPharoHeySql
>
> I’m open to using jQuery instead but I first want to do it with Scriptaculous. I’m also very curious in how to get this syntax right in general, for baselines, as an academic exercise.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> — Aaron

Re: Seaside Metacello and optional dependencies

Aaron Rosenzweig
Sven, you are a scholar and a gentleman. That worked a treat and thanks!