[Seaside] RSS

Robert Sirois
In the Seaside book it has you evaluate:

"self registerAsApplication: 'blah'"

on the subclassed RRComponent, but the class does not understand that method. Is there another way to do this?

RS

Also, does the RRComponent need to be the root component, or just have its own url?

Re: [Seaside] RSS

Lukas Renggli
Thank you for pointing out this leftover from Seaside 2.8. The
following code should work:

ToDoRssFeed class>>initialize
    (WAAdmin register: RRRssHandler at: 'todo.rss')
        rootComponentClass: self

I also fixed it in the book:

   http://book.seaside.st/book/web-20/rss/create-feed

Lukas

2010/1/22 Robert Sirois <[hidden email]>:

> In the Seaside book it has you evaluate:
>
> "self registerAsApplication: 'blah'"
>
> on the subclassed RRComponent, but the class does not understand that
> method. Is there another way to do this?
>
> RS
>
> Also, does the RRComponent need to be the root component, or just have its
> own url?

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Seaside] RSS

Lukas Renggli
> Oups, I haven't seen that Seaside book is now Seaside 3.0 specific.

Yeah, we decided to go Seaside 3.0. We assume that Seaside 3.0 is the
way to go for any new projects. It is confusing for the book and
requires a lot of work if we have to describe two versions.

If there are any other parts in the book that have mistakes or things
that were not properly converted, please let us know. We are
constantly addressing the feedback we get, fixing and improving stuff.
And a PDF version is imminent too.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

RE: [Seaside] RSS

Robert Sirois
That worked, thank you. I think I got it sort of working, although Google doesn't seem to know what localhost is :/

Good video, too.

RS