Seaside-Security for GemStone [WAS] Re: [Seaside] Seaside Error - No Secure Generator Available

Seaside-Security for GemStone [WAS] Re: [Seaside] Seaside Error - No Secure Generator Available

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

This should only happen if you have Seaside-Security loaded.

Hi Johan,

Nice package!! I wasn't aware of it. It contains some nice filters. Do you know if it works in GemStone too (from what I could see in the configuration, it's only for Pharo)?

Thanks in advance,

Re: Seaside-Security for GemStone [WAS] Re: [Seaside] Seaside Error - No Secure Generator Available

Johan Brichau-2

> On 30 Jun 2016, at 20:25, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Nice package!! I wasn't aware of it. It contains some nice filters. Do you know if it works in GemStone too (from what I could see in the configuration, it's only for Pharo)?

Everything in the Seaside-Security package should work fine in GemStone.
The secure key generator is in the Seaside-Pharo-Security and only works on Pharo, though I don’t think porting it GemStone would be difficult.
Philippe might be able to comment a bit more on this, as he is the author.

cheers
Johan_______________________________________________
seaside mailing list

Re: Seaside-Security for GemStone [WAS] Re: [Seaside] Seaside Error - No Secure Generator Available

Philippe Marschall
On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On 30 Jun 2016, at 20:25, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Nice package!! I wasn't aware of it. It contains some nice filters. Do you know if it works in GemStone too (from what I could see in the configuration, it's only for Pharo)?
>
> Everything in the Seaside-Security package should work fine in GemStone.
> The secure key generator is in the Seaside-Pharo-Security and only works on Pharo, though I don’t think porting it GemStone would be difficult.

IIRC GemStone has cryptographically secure session ids out of the box.
No need to port.

Cheers
Philippe

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 2:36 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 30 Jun 2016, at 20:25, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Nice package!! I wasn't aware of it. It contains some nice filters. Do you know if it works in GemStone too (from what I could see in the configuration, it's only for Pharo)?

Everything in the Seaside-Security package should work fine in GemStone.
The secure key generator is in the Seaside-Pharo-Security and only works on Pharo, though I don’t think porting it GemStone would be difficult.
Philippe might be able to comment a bit more on this, as he is the author.

Cool.  I am checking the conf now but it seems this was added in 3.2 only?
Do you know if this could work on 3.1.5 ?

Thanks!