Seaside + TDD

Mariano Abel Coca
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to develop using TDD with seaside 3.0, but honestly, I couldn't find any framework or package that works fine with it. I've tried Albatross and Seaside Testing, both of them work great with Seaside 2.8, but fails to run or even to load in seaside 3.0.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Mariano.

Re: [Pharo-project] Seaside + TDD

Bart Gauquie
Hi,

I'm creating http://www.squeaksource.com/WebTester. This is a general purpose tool which tests websites; using selenium rc.
So it does not directly works on Selenium, but tests any web site.

You can try it. Its unfinished, but the parts already developed are working.

Kind Regards,

Bart

2010/1/19 Mariano Abel Coca <[hidden email]>
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to develop using TDD with seaside 3.0, but honestly, I couldn't find any framework or package that works fine with it. I've tried Albatross and Seaside Testing, both of them work great with Seaside 2.8, but fails to run or even to load in seaside 3.0.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Mariano.

imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - Albert Einstein
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. - Albert Einstein
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Sir Winston Churchill
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. - Sir Winston Churchill

Re: [Pharo-project] Seaside + TDD

Mariano Abel Coca
Thanks Bart, i'll take a look at it.

Kind Regards,

Mariano.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Bart Gauquie <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Re: [Seaside] Seaside + TDD

Johan Brichau
Hi Mariano,

I'm currently also looking at using Seaside Testing with Seaside 3.0.

I have succeeded last weekend to make the R2.9 version work with Seaside 3.0.
At least: all demo tests seem to be working properly.

I uploaded the changes to squeaksource a couple of minutes ago.

Cheers,
Johan

On 19 Jan 2010, at 20:52, Mariano Abel Coca wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to develop using TDD with seaside 3.0, but honestly, I couldn't find any framework or package that works fine with it. I've tried Albatross and Seaside Testing, both of them work great with Seaside 2.8, but fails to run or even to load in seaside 3.0.
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mariano.

Re: [Seaside] Seaside + TDD

Mariano Abel Coca
Excelent!

I'll try it as soon as I can.

Kind Regards,

Mariano.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano,

I'm currently also looking at using Seaside Testing with Seaside 3.0.

I have succeeded last weekend to make the R2.9 version work with Seaside 3.0.
At least: all demo tests seem to be working properly.

I uploaded the changes to squeaksource a couple of minutes ago.

Cheers,
Johan

On 19 Jan 2010, at 20:52, Mariano Abel Coca wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to develop using TDD with seaside 3.0, but honestly, I couldn't find any framework or package that works fine with it. I've tried Albatross and Seaside Testing, both of them work great with Seaside 2.8, but fails to run or even to load in seaside 3.0.
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mariano.

Re: [Seaside] Seaside + TDD

Philippe Marschall
2010/1/19 Mariano Abel Coca <[hidden email]>:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm trying to develop using TDD with seaside 3.0, but honestly, I couldn't
> find any framework or package that works fine with it. I've tried Albatross
> and Seaside Testing, both of them work great with Seaside 2.8, but fails to
> run or even to load in seaside 3.0.

Albatross-pmm.223 should at least load into Seaside 3.0. I couldn't
test it because I don't have  FFI yet.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: [Seaside] Seaside + TDD

Philippe Marschall
2010/1/24 Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>:
> 2010/1/19 Mariano Abel Coca <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi everyone,
>> I'm trying to develop using TDD with seaside 3.0, but honestly, I couldn't
>> find any framework or package that works fine with it. I've tried Albatross
>> and Seaside Testing, both of them work great with Seaside 2.8, but fails to
>> run or even to load in seaside 3.0.
>
> Albatross-pmm.223 should at least load into Seaside 3.0. I couldn't
> test it because I don't have  FFI yet.

Ok, Albatross-pmm.229 shouldn't explode in your face anymore but at
least the builtin tests don't work yet.

Cheers
Philippe