Seaside Testing Frameworks

xx397
I have been looking at testing frameworks and wondered if someone could
help me in choosing one. I'm using Seaside 3.0.7 in Pharo 1.4 and have
thusfar seen Seaside-Testing, WebTester (Selenium) and an approach using
Soup + Zinc. I liked the look of Selenium as it allows for cross-browser
testing and will probably be well supported. However I haven't been able
to get it working and haven't seen anything mentioned about it since
Pharo 1.1.1. If it isn't currently being maintained, would one of the
other approaches be better?

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Seaside Testing Frameworks

Johan Brichau-2
Chris,

I have been meaning to publish our new framework that builds on Selenium 2 (Webdriver) for the last couple of weeks. We should be able to make it available real soon now. It will still be a work in progress though, but we're using it actively already.

Mind that WebTester and SeasideTesting are still working well in Pharo1.4.
We have a large amount of tests written using Seasidetesting and I'm still running them. What is the problem you experience?

Johan

On 23 Jun 2012, at 14:03, Chris wrote:

> I have been looking at testing frameworks and wondered if someone could help me in choosing one. I'm using Seaside 3.0.7 in Pharo 1.4 and have thusfar seen Seaside-Testing, WebTester (Selenium) and an approach using Soup + Zinc. I liked the look of Selenium as it allows for cross-browser testing and will probably be well supported. However I haven't been able to get it working and haven't seen anything mentioned about it since Pharo 1.1.1. If it isn't currently being maintained, would one of the other approaches be better?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Re: Seaside Testing Frameworks

xx397
Thanks for that. Yes I have it working too now; just browser paths and
profiles and so forth (not to mention realising a browser type of chrome
actually means firefox when I actually wanted google-chrome!)