[Seaside/VW] stack overflow

tgkuo
Hi, VW guru, Michel etc:

   I tested seaside port on VW recently, using Swazoo server.
   The system was down after running several hours every time I ran
Seaside web site, VW system showed error dialogs about memory and
stack overflow and became unresponding.

     What's the cause ? is it due to the memory management on VW or my
system ( Windows XP , ram: 512mb ).

Best regards,

Tk Kuo

Re: [Seaside/VW] stack overflow

Michel Bany-3
tgkuo a écrit :

>Hi, VW guru, Michel etc:
>
>   I tested seaside port on VW recently, using Swazoo server.
>   The system was down after running several hours every time I ran
>Seaside web site, VW system showed error dialogs about memory and
>stack overflow and became unresponding.
>
>     What's the cause ? is it due to the memory management on VW or my
>system ( Windows XP , ram: 512mb ).

Hi Tk Kuo,
Out of the box, VW restricts itself to 160mb. Your system may very well
need more than this.
You can change this upper limit in the Memory Policy settings.
On the other hand, if you have stack overflows, these are probably
caused by bugs in some
of your code, for instance sending messages to self instead to super.
Best luck,
Michel.