Seaside + Vista + Firefox latency

Stuart Herring
I've noticed rather strange behaviour when developing Seaside apps under Vista.
For some reason every request from Firefox to a seaside image on
localhost waits nearly a second before responding.
It doesn't matter what the request is - whether it's a full Seaside
page, or a resource, everything has the one second delay.

The strange thing is that the problem only happens with the
combination of Firefox + Vista.  Everything works as expected on XP or
Linux, and Vista is fine if you use IE instead of Firefox.

Has anyone else noticed this?
I've observed it with Seaside 2.8 in Squeak 3.10 and Seaside 2.9
Alpha2 on Pharo.

Regards,
Stuart

Re: Seaside + Vista + Firefox latency

Ryan Simmons-2
A colleague  experienced the problem a long time ago. I believe it has
to do with the following.
http://weblogs.asp.net/dwahlin/archive/2007/06/17/fixing-firefox-slowness-with-localhost-on-vista.aspx

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 3:42 AM, Stuart Herring <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've noticed rather strange behaviour when developing Seaside apps under Vista.
> For some reason every request from Firefox to a seaside image on
> localhost waits nearly a second before responding.
> It doesn't matter what the request is - whether it's a full Seaside
> page, or a resource, everything has the one second delay.
>
> The strange thing is that the problem only happens with the
> combination of Firefox + Vista.  Everything works as expected on XP or
> Linux, and Vista is fine if you use IE instead of Firefox.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?
> I've observed it with Seaside 2.8 in Squeak 3.10 and Seaside 2.9
> Alpha2 on Pharo.
>
> Regards,
> Stuart

Re: Seaside + Vista + Firefox latency

Stuart Herring
On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Ryan Simmons
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> A colleague  experienced the problem a long time ago. I believe it has
> to do with the following.
> http://weblogs.asp.net/dwahlin/archive/2007/06/17/fixing-firefox-slowness-with-localhost-on-vista.aspx

Yes, that was exactly it.
Thanks!