Seaside and Microsoft's IIS

Louis LaBrunda
Hi All,

I am at a point where I need to set up a test web site for my Seaside based
web application.  For my local testing I am using Apache and its Virtual
hosts capability.  Apache handles the file serving and passes URLs that
start with "/seaside" on to my Seaside NT service after changing the port.
There's more to the Apache setup than this but basically this rewrite rule
does the work.

[code]RewriteRule ^/(seaside.*)$ http://localhost:8788/$1 [P,L][/code]

My customer wants to run behind Microsoft's IIS.  Does anyone know how to
set up the same kind of thing in IIS?

Thanks, Lou

Re: Seaside and Microsoft's IIS

Diogenes Moreira
Well, you are in a big problem..

IIS have a limited capabilities for proxy or rewrite url... exist
commercial ISAPI to solve this problem...
The best solution in the Microsoft world is a ISA server...that isn't
like apache but works.

Othe solution is install an apache or lighttp front of the iis, and
use both http servers

Regards.

El 17/07/2009, a las 11:20, Louis LaBrunda escribió:

> Hi All,
>
> I am at a point where I need to set up a test web site for my
> Seaside based
> web application.  For my local testing I am using Apache and its
> Virtual
> hosts capability.  Apache handles the file serving and passes URLs
> that
> start with "/seaside" on to my Seaside NT service after changing the
> port.
> There's more to the Apache setup than this but basically this
> rewrite rule
> does the work.
>
> [code]RewriteRule ^/(seaside.*)$ http://localhost:8788/$1 [P,L][/code]
>
> My customer wants to run behind Microsoft's IIS.  Does anyone know
> how to
> set up the same kind of thing in IIS?
>
> Thanks, Lou

Announcements not working.

Robert Sirois
I loaded Announcements into a new image with all the SandstoneDb, BTree, GOODS, etc. stuff and they are throwing an error I'm not quite sure how to troubleshoot.

'MessageNotUnderstood: UGAnnounceChangeContent>>yourself'

This message comes up when I hit a link calling an announcement. I believe this is coming from the #on: method of the parent announcement class ie.:

on: payLoad
    ^(self new) payload: payLoad; yourself.

Is it that they loaded wrong or is something interfering?

RS

Re: Announcements not working.

Colin Putney

On 18-Jul-09, at 10:17 PM, Robert Sirois wrote:

> I loaded Announcements into a new image with all the SandstoneDb,
> BTree, GOODS, etc. stuff and they are throwing an error I'm not
> quite sure how to troubleshoot.
>
> 'MessageNotUnderstood: UGAnnounceChangeContent>>yourself'
>
> This message comes up when I hit a link calling an announcement. I
> believe this is coming from the #on: method of the parent
> announcement class ie.:
>
> on: payLoad
>     ^(self new) payload: payLoad; yourself.
>
> Is it that they loaded wrong or is something interfering?

Did you, by chance, load UGAnnouceChangeContent before the
Announcements package? That would cause UGAnnouceChangeContent to have
a superclass of ProtoObject. Since #yourself is defined on Object,
UGAnnounceChangeContent wouldn't understand that message.

Colin

RE: Announcements not working.

Robert Sirois
Ah, good call :) It works great now.