Seaside and SUnit

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

Is albatross the right place to look for help?

Bill

Re: Seaside and SUnit

Stéphane Ducasse
you have two testing frameworks
        albratross
        and david shaffer testing framework

You also have selenium that people use to test seaside app.

Stef

On Nov 7, 2009, at 1:04 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Stef,
>
> Is albatross the right place to look for help?
>
> Bill

Re: Seaside and SUnit

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

Do you have a preference among them?  If I am reading correctly, Shaffer's framework simulates the browser; Albatross uses JavaScript to control a browser external to Pharo.  I can see advantages to both approaches.

There is a lot of link rot on these frameworks.  I can't find Shaffer's code anywhere; everything seems to ultimately point to SqueakMap, and the page just gives an error.  His website also has a dead link to a tutorial of yours.  The pre-installed Albatross image linked from SqueakSource leads to a corrupt file.

Lunch calls, then I will try to get the pieces of Albatross.

Bill

You also have selenium that people use to test seaside app.

Stef

On Nov 7, 2009, at 1:04 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Stef,
>
> Is albatross the right place to look for help?
>
> Bill

Re: Seaside and SUnit

Stéphane Ducasse
I do not know. I thought that david ported it to latest version.
For albatross adrian can comment.

> Stef,
>
> Do you have a preference among them?  If I am reading correctly,
> Shaffer's framework simulates the browser; Albatross uses JavaScript
> to control a browser external to Pharo.  I can see advantages to
> both approaches.
>
> There is a lot of link rot on these frameworks.  I can't find
> Shaffer's code anywhere; everything seems to ultimately point to
> SqueakMap, and the page just gives an error.  His website also has a
> dead link to a tutorial of yours.  The pre-installed Albatross image
> linked from SqueakSource leads to a corrupt file.
>
> Lunch calls, then I will try to get the pieces of Albatross.
>
> Bill

Re: Seaside and SUnit

Dale
Bill,

Don't what link you followed but, Seaside Testing is at (works for me:):
  http://www.squeaksource.com/SeasideTesting.html

There's a recent update (June of this year) to the framework for Seaside3.0 (Seaside 2.9 at the time)...

Seems you've been having bad luck finding info with google(?)...

Dale
----- "Wilhelm K Schwab" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Stef,
|
| Do you have a preference among them?  If I am reading correctly,
| Shaffer's framework simulates the browser; Albatross uses JavaScript
| to control a browser external to Pharo.  I can see advantages to both
| approaches.
|
| There is a lot of link rot on these frameworks.  I can't find
| Shaffer's code anywhere; everything seems to ultimately point to
| SqueakMap, and the page just gives an error.  His website also has a
| dead link to a tutorial of yours.  The pre-installed Albatross image
| linked from SqueakSource leads to a corrupt file.
|
| Lunch calls, then I will try to get the pieces of Albatross.
|
| Bill

Re: Seaside and SUnit

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Dale,

I had lots of luck finding links - all of it bad :)  For fun, try some searches on SqueakSource.  Seaside results are huge; Seaside Shaffer; Seaside testing does work, though it misses Albatross.  Also, try following seaside.st (Community|extensions) to the the Shaffer framework.

You raise an interesting question: with the changes in Seaside, which is the correct version of SeasideTesting?

Bill

Don't what link you followed but, Seaside Testing is at (works for me:):
  http://www.squeaksource.com/SeasideTesting.html

There's a recent update (June of this year) to the framework for Seaside3.0 (Seaside 2.9 at the time)...

Seems you've been having bad luck finding info with google(?)...

Dale
----- "Wilhelm K Schwab" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Stef,
|
| Do you have a preference among them?  If I am reading correctly,
| Shaffer's framework simulates the browser; Albatross uses JavaScript
| to control a browser external to Pharo.  I can see advantages to both
| approaches.
|
| There is a lot of link rot on these frameworks.  I can't find
| Shaffer's code anywhere; everything seems to ultimately point to
| SqueakMap, and the page just gives an error.  His website also has a
| dead link to a tutorial of yours.  The pre-installed Albatross image
| linked from SqueakSource leads to a corrupt file.
|
| Lunch calls, then I will try to get the pieces of Albatross.
|
| Bill

Re: Seaside and SUnit

Dale
Bill,

I would use R1.5 with Seaside 2.8 ... I use a version of that package with GemStone with good results.

R2.9 should be used with Seaside3.0 ... I haven't ported R2.9 to GemStone yet, so I can't say how it works with the most recent Seaside3.0. Here's a link to the 2.9 announcement:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2009-May/020739.html

The tutorial link is a good link to follow for info on using Seaside Testing.

If I'm not mistaken, the latest version of R2.9 (and r1.5 for that matter) predates the real block closure work for Pharo, so there's an outside chance that a little bit of work may be needed to get it working on Pharo...

Dale
----- "Wilhelm K Schwab" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Dale,
|
| I had lots of luck finding links - all of it bad :)  For fun, try some
| searches on SqueakSource.  Seaside results are huge; Seaside Shaffer;
| Seaside testing does work, though it misses Albatross.  Also, try
| following seaside.st (Community|extensions) to the the Shaffer
| framework.
|
| You raise an interesting question: with the changes in Seaside, which
| is the correct version of SeasideTesting?
|
| Bill

| |
| | Do you have a preference among them?  If I am reading correctly,
| | Shaffer's framework simulates the browser; Albatross uses JavaScript
|
| | to control a browser external to Pharo.  I can see advantages to
| both
| | approaches.
| |
| | There is a lot of link rot on these frameworks.  I can't find
| | Shaffer's code anywhere; everything seems to ultimately point to
| | SqueakMap, and the page just gives an error.  His website also has a
|
| | dead link to a tutorial of yours.  The pre-installed Albatross image
|
| | linked from SqueakSource leads to a corrupt file.
| |
| | Lunch calls, then I will try to get the pieces of Albatross.
| |
| | Bill
| |
| |