Seaside and Session dependant Docker containers

Seaside and Session dependant Docker containers

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hello all,

Did anybody played/experimented with having Docker containers where we
can spawn a new container for each new session, or get a "sticky"
container for the same session the same way we can do it with nginx or
other reverse proxies?

Not an actual need, but I'm about to deploy a basic Seaside app and
was thinking of using something like Swarm instead of nginx and
supervisord.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Seaside and Session dependant Docker containers

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 11:12 AM Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

Did anybody played/experimented with having Docker containers where we
can spawn a new container for each new session, or get a "sticky"
container for the same session the same way we can do it with nginx or
other reverse proxies?

Not an actual need, but I'm about to deploy a basic Seaside app and
was thinking of using something like Swarm instead of nginx and
supervisord.

I did. You can see this docker-compose.xml: https://github.com/vasmalltalk/docker-examples/blob/master/source/SeasideTrafficLights/Raspberry/docker-compose.yml where I use Traefik webserver with sticky Seaside sessions. The key line is:

traefik.backend.loadbalancer.stickiness: "true"

Best,

--
Mariano Martinez Peck