Seaside and classic(?) content integration

Seaside and classic(?) content integration

Sebastian Sastre-2
Hi there,

    I've read in this list about integrating some static content developed with classic technologies like html (coming from hand or some designers tool) and php with a seaside application. Now I find myself with that need too. I wonder if there is a good, or I should say a less unelegant, way to do it. As the static content is not *that* static because it modifies some parts of some pages, the trade off that I was able to found was:

    1. using IFrames in seaside for the static content
    2. Exactly the oposite
    3. Build all in seaside taking the static html and making use of a basic component that renders html blindly (then adjust if necessary)

    Right now I'm using the last option because I understand that 1 and 2 are deprecated approaches for web development and because to use that make a mess with back button which is one of the seaside strenghts (so have no sense lose that).

    Do you know another possibilities? recomendations? best practices?

    cheers,

Sebastian Sastre

Re: Seaside and classic(?) content integration

Philippe Marschall
2007/8/28, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]>:

> Hi there,
>
>     I've read in this list about integrating some static content developed
> with classic technologies like html (coming from hand or some designers
> tool) and php with a seaside application. Now I find myself with that need
> too. I wonder if there is a good, or I should say a less unelegant, way to
> do it. As the static content is not *that* static because it modifies some
> parts of some pages, the trade off that I was able to found was:
>
>     1. using IFrames in seaside for the static content
>     2. Exactly the oposite
>     3. Build all in seaside taking the static html and making use of a basic
> component that renders html blindly (then adjust if necessary)
>
>     Right now I'm using the last option because I understand that 1 and 2
> are deprecated approaches for web development and because to use that make a
> mess with back button which is one of the seaside strenghts (so have no
> sense lose that).
>
>     Do you know another possibilities? recomendations? best practices?

You listed anything that comes to my mind besides that you can inverse
3 too. What's best depends on your requirements. AFAIK iframes are not
deprecated, only frames. You can still use them if their advantages
make up for their disadvantages, they will stay around for a very long
time.

Cheers
Philippe

>     cheers,
>

> Sebastian Sastre

RE: Seaside and classic(?) content integration

Sebastian Sastre-2
> >     1. using IFrames in seaside for the static content
> >     2. Exactly the oposite
> >     3. Build all in seaside taking the static html and
> making use of a
> > basic component that renders html blindly (then adjust if necessary)
> You listed anything that comes to my mind besides that you can inverse
> 3 too. What's best depends on your requirements. AFAIK
> iframes are not deprecated, only frames. You can still use
> them if their advantages make up for their disadvantages,
> they will stay around for a very long time.

But that is option 2. Are you talking about making an iframe in a
traditional site to a seaside app or I'm missing an option here?

        cheers,

Sebastian

2007/8/31, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]>:

> > >     1. using IFrames in seaside for the static content
> > >     2. Exactly the oposite
> > >     3. Build all in seaside taking the static html and
> > making use of a
> > > basic component that renders html blindly (then adjust if necessary)
> > You listed anything that comes to my mind besides that you can inverse
> > 3 too. What's best depends on your requirements. AFAIK
> > iframes are not deprecated, only frames. You can still use
> > them if their advantages make up for their disadvantages,
> > they will stay around for a very long time.
> >
> But that is option 2. Are you talking about making an iframe in a
> traditional site to a seaside app or I'm missing an option here?

No. Assuming the page is generated by PHP or something like this. At
the place in the page where the Seaside application should be
implemented make a request to the Seaside application (using the
current request), parse the response and insert everything between

I know that a certain company does this to integrate applications
written in a certain web framework into a certain CMS *g*.

Cheers
Philippe