Seaside dev on Slack

Johan Brichau-2
Hi all,

We set up a Slack channel.

Join us if you like

cheers
Johan

Re: Seaside dev on Slack

Sabine Manaa
Hi Johan,

thank you.

Why slack and not discord?
In the past, the 10.000 messages limit was very annoying and was the reason for the pharo community to move to discord...(and away from slack).
Also, it seems that one needs an invitation for the new seaside slack  channel.

Regards
Sabine

Johan Brichau-2 [via Smalltalk] <[hidden email]> schrieb am Do. 25. Mai 2017 um 15:09:
Hi all,

We set up a Slack channel.

Join us if you like

cheers
Johan

http://forum.world.st/Seaside-dev-on-Slack-tp4948257.html
To start a new topic under Seaside Development, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Seaside, click here.
NAML

Re: Seaside dev on Slack

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Reg,

I think Slack only works by invitation.

The intention is to use it only for communication on development.
So, if you intend to develop on any of the seaside projects, please send us your email.

For any other questions, I prefer we keep using the users mailinglist.
I don’t want all Seaside users on the Slack channel. I hope you understand.

best
Johan

On 25 May 2017, at 16:31, Reg Krock <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Johann,

How do I sign up to be able to join the slack seaside group?

Thanks

Reg

On 25 May2017, at 9:09 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

We set up a Slack channel.

Join us if you like

cheers
Johan

Re: Seaside dev on Slack

CyrilFerlicot
Le 25/05/2017 à 15:09, Johan Brichau a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> We set up a Slack channel.
>
> https://seaside-st.slack.com/

Hi Johan,

Is there a reason to use slack in particular?

The Pharo community moved to Discord because Slack does not conserve the
historic if you do not pay.

Also I find it a little boring to have to get an invitation in order to
be able to come in the channel.

If you have reasons to chose slack it's fine with me. I just wonder what
motivated this choice. :)

> Join us if you like
>
> cheers
> Johan

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Seaside dev on Slack

Max Leske

> On 25 May 2017, at 17:33, Cyril Ferlicot D. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Le 25/05/2017 à 15:09, Johan Brichau a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We set up a Slack channel.
>>
>> https://seaside-st.slack.com/
>>

> Hi Johan,
>
> Is there a reason to use slack in particular?
>
> The Pharo community moved to Discord because Slack does not conserve the
> historic if you do not pay.
>
> Also I find it a little boring to have to get an invitation in order to
> be able to come in the channel.
>
> If you have reasons to chose slack it's fine with me. I just wonder what
> motivated this choice. :)

Johan and I both use Slack at work but he isn't on Discourse. Hence, Slack.

>> Join us if you like
>>
>> cheers
>> Johan

> Cyril Ferlicot
> https://ferlicot.fr
>
> http://www.synectique.eu
> 2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
> 59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Seaside dev on Slack

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Cyril,

On 25 May 2017, at 17:33, Cyril Ferlicot D. <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you have reasons to chose slack it's fine with me. I just wonder what
motivated this choice. :)

I’m using it all day for work, so that makes it easy.
As I was working with Max, who is also using Slack, we decided to create a Slack team.

I think Slack works great for working together, not as a replacement for the mailinglist.
It it does not work out, we can just ditch it.

Johan

Re: Seaside dev on Slack

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi there,

How do I get an invite?

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

> Hi Cyril,
>
> On 25 May 2017, at 17:33, Cyril Ferlicot D. <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> If you have reasons to chose slack it's fine with me. I just wonder what
> motivated this choice. :)
>

> I’m using it all day for work, so that makes it easy.
> As I was working with Max, who is also using Slack, we decided to create a
> Slack team.
>
> I think Slack works great for working together, not as a replacement for the
> mailinglist.
> It it does not work out, we can just ditch it.
>
> Johan

Re: Seaside dev on Slack

Max Leske
You should get one in a minute.