Seaside does not load in Pharo 6.1 32bits

Seaside does not load in Pharo 6.1 32bits

BrunoBB

Metacello new
 baseline:'Seaside3';
 repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
 load

I got the following error (any idea what is wrong ?):
LGitReturnCodeEnum>>handleLGitReturnCode
LGitRepository(LGitExternalObject)>>withReturnHandlerDo:
LGitRepository>>clone:options:to:
LGitRepository>>clone:options:
[ repo clone: url options: cloneOptions ] in [ | repo cloneOptions |
repo := LGitRepository on: self location.
cloneOptions := LGitCloneOptions
        withCredentialsProvider: IceCredentialsProvider default.
cloneOptions checkoutOptions
        checkoutStrategy: LGitCheckoutStrategyEnum git_checkout_none.
[ repo clone: url options: cloneOptions ]
        on: LGit_GIT_ERROR
        do: [ :e | e acceptError: IceLibgitErrorVisitor new ].
repo
        checkout:
                (aBranchName
                        ifNil:
                                [ self branch ifNotNil: [ :b | b name ] ifNil: [ 'master' ] ]).
(LGitRemote of: repo named: 'origin')
        lookup;
        setUrl: url ] in IceLibgitLocalRepository>>cloneRepositoryFrom:branch: in
Block: [ repo clone: url options: cloneOptions ]
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[ | repo cloneOptions |
repo := LGitRepository on: self location.
cloneOptions := LGitCloneOptions
        withCredentialsProvider: IceCredentialsProvider default.
cloneOptions checkoutOptions
        checkoutStrategy: LGitCheckoutStrategyEnum git_checkout_none.
[ repo clone: url options: cloneOptions ]
        on: LGit_GIT_ERROR
        do: [ :e | e acceptError: IceLibgitErrorVisitor new ].
repo
        checkout:
                (aBranchName
                        ifNil:
                                [ self branch ifNotNil: [ :b | b name ] ifNil: [ 'master' ] ]).
(LGitRemote of: repo named: 'origin')
        lookup;
        setUrl: url ] in IceLibgitLocalRepository>>cloneRepositoryFrom:branch: in
Block: [ | repo cloneOptions |...
[ self checkInitialized.
aBlock value ] in LGitGlobal class>>runSequence: in Block: [ self
checkInitialized....
[ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject.
aBlock value ] in LGitActionSequence(DynamicVariable)>>value:during: in
Block: [ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject....
BlockClosure>>ensure:
LGitActionSequence(DynamicVariable)>>value:during:
LGitActionSequence class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
LGitGlobal class>>runSequence:
IceLibgitLocalRepository>>cloneRepositoryFrom:branch:
IceRepositoryCreator>>createRepository
[ (IceRepositoryCreator new
        url: urlToUse;
        subdirectory: repoPath;
        branchName: self projectVersion;
        createRepository) register ] in [ | urlToUse |
urlToUse := remote url.
[ (IceRepositoryCreator new
        url: urlToUse;
        subdirectory: repoPath;
        branchName: self projectVersion;
        createRepository) register ]
        on: IceAuthenticationError
        do: [ :e |
                self
                        crLog:
                                ('I got an error while cloning: {1}. I will try to clone the HTTPS
variant.'
                                        format: {e messageText}).
                urlToUse := remote httpsUrl.
                e retry ] ] in
MCGitHubRepository(MCGitBasedNetworkRepository)>>getOrCreateIcebergRepository
in Block: [ (IceRepositoryCreator new...
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[ | urlToUse |
urlToUse := remote url.
[ (IceRepositoryCreator new
        url: urlToUse;
        subdirectory: repoPath;
        branchName: self projectVersion;
        createRepository) register ]
        on: IceAuthenticationError
        do: [ :e |
                self
                        crLog:
                                ('I got an error while cloning: {1}. I will try to clone the HTTPS
variant.'
                                        format: {e messageText}).
                urlToUse := remote httpsUrl.
                e retry ] ] in
MCGitHubRepository(MCGitBasedNetworkRepository)>>getOrCreateIcebergRepository
in Block: [ | urlToUse |...
OrderedCollection(Collection)>>detect:ifFound:ifNone:
OrderedCollection(Collection)>>detect:ifNone:
MCGitHubRepository(MCGitBasedNetworkRepository)>>getOrCreateIcebergRepository
IceGithubRepositoryType>>mcRepository
Iceberg class>>mcRepositoryFor:
IceMetacelloPharoPlatform>>createRepository:
MetacelloMCBaselineProject(MetacelloMCProject)>>createRepository:
MetacelloRepositorySpec>>createRepository
[ aSpec createRepository ] in [ :aSpec |
| description repo |
description := aSpec description.
(repo := repositories
        detect: [ :rep | rep description = description ]
        ifNone: [ aSpec createRepository ]) ~~ nil
        ifTrue: [ repos add: repo ] ] in
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader)>>repositoriesFrom:ignoreOverrides:
in Block: [ aSpec createRepository ]
Array(Collection)>>detect:ifFound:ifNone:
Array(Collection)>>detect:ifNone:

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Re: Seaside does not load in Pharo 6.1 32bits

BrunoBB
Hi,

The same error for Pharo 7 64bits.

regards,
bruno

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Re: Seaside does not load in Pharo 6.1 32bits

BrunoBB
I forgot to mention this problem is in Windows 8.

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Re: Seaside does not load in Pharo 6.1 32bits

BrunoBB

Click on "Proceed" it will resume execution but there are others problems.

Iceberg fail to load SeasideSt. If i clone Seaside manully (with git bash)
then the Seaside error is "fixed" but then Grease dependency throw the same
error as Seaside.

With the same process "cloning Grease" locally with git bash then everything
is installed.

Is this the standard installation process ?

regards,
bruno

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Re: Seaside does not load in Pharo 6.1 32bits

Paul DeBruicker
Not sure but you can do a

Iceberg enableMetacelloIntegration: false

In a playground to disable Iceberg automatic use in Monticello/Metacello
package loading.  Maybe that would get you around the issue you're running
into today.

BrunoBB wrote

> Hi,
>
> Click on "Proceed" it will resume execution but there are others problems.
>
> Iceberg fail to load SeasideSt. If i clone Seaside manully (with git bash)
> then the Seaside error is "fixed" but then Grease dependency throw the
> same
> error as Seaside.
>
> With the same process "cloning Grease" locally with git bash then
> everything
> is installed.
>
> Is this the standard installation process ?
>
> regards,
> bruno
>

> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Re: Seaside does not load in Pharo 6.1 32bits

BrunoBB
Paul,

Thanks for the tip. That solved the issue (i tried on Pharo 6.1).

Maybe the should be in Github documentation, i didn't find anything
related to the error in the documentation.

Also why disableling Github and Metacello integration fixed the issue ?

Does this flag means that Pharo assume that all Github projects are
locally installed ?

(if so --> it should be false by default ???)

Anyway thanks very much for your help !!!

regards,

bruno