Seaside done?

Jeff Gray
I hope this question isn't inflammatory.
I notice there's not much traffic on here any more.
Is that because Seaside is done, complete.
Or is it that Seaside has had its day and people are using other frameworks?

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html
tty

Re: Seaside done?

tty

I use Seaside exclusively in my web work.

That it lacks the mind share of the latest fad is irrelevant to me.

If it is "done" is irrelevant to me also. It rocks.

cheers,

tty

---- On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 18:11:12 -0400 Jeff Gray <[hidden email]> wrote ----

I hope this question isn't inflammatory.
I notice there's not much traffic on here any more.
Is that because Seaside is done, complete.
Or is it that Seaside has had its day and people are using other frameworks?

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Re: Seaside done?

Jeff Gray
Yes - I think there's no traffic here because it is done - ie it works and
doesn't need attention.
(But my assumption could have been wrong - so hence my question).

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Re: Seaside done?

BrunoBB

The discord channel has much more traffic than this list.

(https://discordapp.com/)

Also check https://pharo.org/community to generate a discord invitation.

regards,

bruno

On 24/03/2020 19:11, Jeff Gray wrote:

> I hope this question isn't inflammatory.
> I notice there's not much traffic on here any more.
> Is that because Seaside is done, complete.
> Or is it that Seaside has had its day and people are using other frameworks?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Re: Seaside done?

Johan Brichau-2
We’re not done.
We’re small and slow.

Most of the people who still contribute have also less time to do that.
I encourage everyone to contribute via GitHub, create docs, etc… we are definitely following up (sometimes a bit too slow).

The mailinglist is alive. Discord is alive.

cheers
Johan

> On 25 Mar 2020, at 15:20, Smalltalk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The discord channel has much more traffic than this list.
>
> (https://discordapp.com/)
>
> Also check https://pharo.org/community to generate a discord invitation.
>
> regards,
>
> bruno
>

> On 24/03/2020 19:11, Jeff Gray wrote:
>> I hope this question isn't inflammatory.
>> I notice there's not much traffic on here any more.
>> Is that because Seaside is done, complete.
>> Or is it that Seaside has had its day and people are using other frameworks?
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Re: Seaside done?

Esteban A. Maringolo
I prefer the mailing list to instant messaging, since it leaves a log
in some archive and works as rudimentary knowledge base that even so,
saved many of us several times.

That said, many of us are busy, some using Seaside daily for the last 5+ years.

But we are so busy that we're not even updating Seaside's website by a
blank placeholder with just its logo :)

Esteban A. Maringolo

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 11:33 AM Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We’re not done.
> We’re small and slow.
>
> Most of the people who still contribute have also less time to do that.
> I encourage everyone to contribute via GitHub, create docs, etc… we are definitely following up (sometimes a bit too slow).
>
> The mailinglist is alive. Discord is alive.
>
> cheers
> Johan
>
> > On 25 Mar 2020, at 15:20, Smalltalk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > The discord channel has much more traffic than this list.
> >
> > (https://discordapp.com/)
> >
> > Also check https://pharo.org/community to generate a discord invitation.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > bruno
> >

> > On 24/03/2020 19:11, Jeff Gray wrote:
> >> I hope this question isn't inflammatory.
> >> I notice there's not much traffic on here any more.
> >> Is that because Seaside is done, complete.
> >> Or is it that Seaside has had its day and people are using other frameworks?
> >>

> >> --
> >> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Re: Seaside done?

John Pfersich
Besides, Discord ain’t the greatest app for security-minded people. Can’t make a connection using my VPN without major headache. And Cox does monitor my traffic. Half a VPN is better than none.

For encrypted mail use [hidden email]
Get a free account at ProtonMail.com
Web: https://objectnets.net and https://objectnets.org
https://datascilv.com https://datascilv.org