Seaside for html generation

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

I am loading a fair amount of code into Pharo, trying to get something working.  SIF has worked well so far.

The system in question will be Seaside based, but it will start life as a glorified spam generator :)  Its operator will use some Seaside forms to tell the system about new data, edit the data to eliminate human errors, and then tell it to send emails based on the remaining data.  The emails will be just complicated enough to benefit from html formatting.  Yes, the users should be told only to visit the site to retrieve their electronic lashes via Seaside, but that will not happen over night - they haven't thought of it yet ;)  The _real_ reason is that I still have to sort out the authentication mechanism.

The dumb question: can I simply create a WACanvas, send some messages, and get the rendered html?  Any ugly side effects of doing that?  I ask because I have code for Dolphin that does the job, but it seems silly to load it into an image with Seaside.

Bill

Re: Seaside for html generation

Lukas Renggli
> The dumb question: can I simply create a WACanvas, send some messages, and get the rendered html?  Any ugly side effects of doing that?  I ask because I have code for Dolphin that does the job, but it seems silly to load it into an image with Seaside.

Have a look at the class WAHtmlBuilder and its users.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli