Seaside hosting under Windows Server 2003

Seaside hosting under Windows Server 2003

bachitoph
Hi,

what is the simplest way to provide a seaside 2.8 application written with Dolphin Smalltalk 6.02 accessibel under www.myWebpage.de.

The seaside application resides on a Virtual host with Windows Server 2003 and is at the moment accessible via www.myWebpage.de:8888/seaside/mySillyApplication.

As I understand the discussion in the web. I have to use Apache as frontend! Configure anything magic? And then it works. In my Situation Apache and Seaside must reside on the same virtual server.

Could anyone direct me to the Configure anything magic.

Thanks
cjb

Re: Seaside hosting under Windows Server 2003

Diogenes Moreira
is very simple, you need the proxy module on apache..

ProxyRequests Off
UseCanonicalName Off
 DocumentRoot /path/to/static/resources
        <Proxy *>
                Order deny,allow
                Allow from all
        </Proxy>
        ProxyPreserveHost On
        ProxyPass        /seaside/files/ !   # this is for incrise the performance..
        ProxyPass        /files/ !               # you must write to disk your files if you wanna use this.

Regards

Diogenes A Moreira
Bob Hope  - "Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle."

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Zirbler <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

what is the simplest way to provide a seaside 2.8 application written with
Dolphin Smalltalk 6.02 accessibel under www.myWebpage.de.

The seaside application resides on a Virtual host with Windows Server 2003
and is at the moment accessible via
www.myWebpage.de:8888/seaside/mySillyApplication.

As I understand the discussion in the web. I have to use Apache as frontend!
Configure anything magic? And then it works. In my Situation Apache and
Seaside must reside on the same virtual server.

Could anyone direct me to the Configure anything magic.

Thanks
cjb

Re: Seaside hosting under Windows Server 2003

Udo Schneider
Zirbler schrieb:
> As I understand the discussion in the web. I have to use Apache as frontend!
> Configure anything magic? And then it works. In my Situation Apache and
> Seaside must reside on the same virtual server.
Apache is indeed the server of choice when running *nix. However did you
check, whether your VServer allows other servers to run in the account?
The Windows VServers I know do not - means you have to stick with IIS.

ReverseProxys for IIS are a hot topic. AFAIK until recently there was no
/free/ ReverseProxy solution for IIS avaiable. I just discovered
iisproxy which might fulfill your needs. It's a simple C# based ISAPI
filter. Take a look here

http://code.google.com/p/iisproxy/

CU,

Udo

Re: Seaside hosting under Windows Server 2003

bachitoph
Hello,
thank you for you answers, bute i still have a problem, you posted this:

>ProxyPass        /seaside/files/ !   # this is for incrise the performance...
>ProxyPass        /files/ !               # you must write to disk your files if you wanna use this.

But what do you mean with these files? Can you explain this a little bit mor detailed?

>DocumentRoot /path/to/static/resources

what are the static ressource i need? Defautlt is "C:\Apache\htdocs"

Thanks and Regards

Re: Seaside hosting under Windows Server 2003

John McKeon
Hi Zirbler

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 6:29 AM, Zirbler <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,
thank you for you answers, bute i still have a problem, you posted this:

>ProxyPass        /seaside/files/ !   # this is for incrise the
performance...
>ProxyPass        /files/ !               # you must write to disk your
files if you wanna use this.

But what do you mean with these files? Can you explain this a little bit mor
detailed?

If you have files loaded into a WAFileLibrary descendant, the files are served from the image. You can "write them to disk" for improved perfomance when using Apache. See the comments in the WAFileLibrary class.