Seaside : including a static stylesheet.

Seaside : including a static stylesheet.

Dominique Dartois-4
In the Seaside book, chapter 17.2 I read I can include a stylesheet this way :

updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
    super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
    anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://seaside.st/styles/main.css'

On my development machine (macOS) I use http://localhost:8080/myApp as the server address and I don’t know the root directory of the Seaside integrated web server.

Can anyone help me to find this directory?

Thanks.

---

Dominique Dartois

Re: Seaside : including a static stylesheet.

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 28 Feb 2017, at 18:53, Dominique Dartois <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In the Seaside book, chapter 17.2 I read I can include a stylesheet this way :
>
> updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
>     super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
>     anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://seaside.st/styles/main.css'
>
> On my development machine (macOS) I use http://localhost:8080/myApp as the server address and I don’t know the root directory of the Seaside integrated web server.
>
> Can anyone help me to find this directory?

The easiest way is to use a Seaside FileLibrary subclass to serve your static CSS file. This is described in that same chapter 17.

> Thanks.
>

> ---
> Dominique Dartois

Re: Seaside : including a static stylesheet.

Dominique Dartois-4

Thank you Sven.

I have tried successfully the FileLibrary but I want to be able to modify the stylesheet without using Pharo which will be running on a remote server. Using static documents seemed the solution to me.

> On 28 Feb 2017, at 18:53, Dominique Dartois <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In the Seaside book, chapter 17.2 I read I can include a stylesheet this way :
>
> updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
>     super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
>     anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://seaside.st/styles/main.css'
>
> On my development machine (macOS) I use http://localhost:8080/myApp as the server address and I don?t know the root directory of the Seaside integrated web server.
>
> Can anyone help me to find this directory?

The easiest way is to use a Seaside FileLibrary subclass to serve your static CSS file. This is described in that same chapter 17.

> Thanks.

---

Dominique Dartois

Re: Seaside : including a static stylesheet.

stepharong
Hi dominique

did you look on the seaside book, because your apache configuration should serve the static page and the stylesheet is one.

Stef
On Wed, 01 Mar 2017 22:13:12 +0100, Dominique Dartois <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you Sven.

I have tried successfully the FileLibrary but I want to be able to modify the stylesheet without using Pharo which will be running on a remote server. Using static documents seemed the solution to me.

> On 28 Feb 2017, at 18:53, Dominique Dartois <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In the Seaside book, chapter 17.2 I read I can include a stylesheet this way :
>
> updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
>     super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
>     anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://seaside.st/styles/main.css'
>
> On my development machine (macOS) I use http://localhost:8080/myApp as the server address and I don?t know the root directory of the Seaside integrated web server.
>
> Can anyone help me to find this directory?

The easiest way is to use a Seaside FileLibrary subclass to serve your static CSS file. This is described in that same chapter 17.

> Thanks.

---

Dominique Dartois

Re: Seaside : including a static stylesheet.

Paul DeBruicker

While developing, to serve static files without using nginx or apache you can use Zinc's ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor with something like:

        ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor startOn: 8080 andServeFilesFrom: '/var/www/'.

But for production use you'd want to use apache or nginx

Dominique Dartois-4 wrote
In the Seaside book, chapter 17.2 I read I can include a stylesheet this way :

updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
    super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
    anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://seaside.st/styles/main.css'

On my development machine (macOS) I use http://localhost:8080/myApp as the server address and I don’t know the root directory of the Seaside integrated web server.

Can anyone help me to find this directory?

Thanks.

---

Dominique Dartois

Re: Seaside : including a static stylesheet.

Sabine Manaa
Hi Dominique,

for some cases I also use static files on my local machine, the root directory of the local machines web server is

/Library/WebServer/Documents

perhaps this is what you are looking for.

regards
Sabine

In the Seaside book, chapter 17.2 I read I can include a stylesheet this way :

updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
    super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
    anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://seaside.st/styles/main.css'

On my development machine (macOS) I use http://localhost:8080/myApp as the server address and I don’t know the root directory of the Seaside integrated web server.

Can anyone help me to find this directory?

Thanks.

---

Dominique Dartois

Re: Seaside : including a static stylesheet.

Dominique Dartois-4

Hi Sabine.

It does not seem working for me

I have found this directory here "/Users/Dom/Documents/Library/WebServer/Documents" and I tried :

updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
    super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
    anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: 'http://localhost:8080/Library/WebServer/Documents/columnal.css'.

The style sheet is not found.

I keep on trying.

Regards

---

Dominique

Re: Seaside : including a static stylesheet.

Paul DeBruicker
Oh sorry.  I didn't edit my example above to your situation.   Here try this:

1.  Open the seaside control panel and stop then remove all the server adaptors.

2.  Put your directories & files next to your image.  So put your 'styles' folder next to your image.

3.  From the world menu open a Transcript.

4.  In a playground or workspace run:

|server|

ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor startOn: 8080 andServeFilesFrom: FileSystem disk workingDirectory pathString.
server:=ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor default server.
server logToTranscript;
       debugMode: true.

I think that will get you a Zinc server serving static files from the directory your image is in and will log everything to the transcript and open a debugger when there is an error.

Dominique Dartois-4 wrote

________________________________

Dominique Dartois

Re: Seaside : including a static stylesheet.

Sabine Manaa
Hi Dominique,

try to use
From your app
If you have your columlal.css
In
Library/WebServer/Documents/
Because
Library/WebServer/Documents
Is the web server root
This is the way I serve my static files

Regards
Sabine

Paul DeBruicker [via Smalltalk] <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi. 8. März 2017 um 05:07:
[...]

To start a new topic under Pharo Smalltalk Users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Pharo Smalltalk Users, click here.
NAML

Re: Seaside : including a static stylesheet.

Sabine Manaa
Dominique,

you could test that with putting a simple html file there, e.g. index.html and than visit with your browser

than this file should be shown.

This has nothing to do with seaside, it is only about finding the web server root on mac.
Perhaps Pauls solution is better.

Regards
Sabine

Hi Dominique,

try to use
From your app
[...]

jtuchel
Hi Sabine,

this raises my interest. So you have two web servers listening to the same port, one being macOS X' built in web server (how did you activate/configure it?) and Seaside?

If I visit localhost:8080 on my mac (no pharo image or anything running), I get no answer, although there are files in /Library/WebServer/Documents (provided by Apple: index.html.en).

Joachim

Am 08.03.17 um 08:15 schrieb Sabine Manaa:
Hi Dominique,

try to use
From your app
[...]

Objektfabrik Joachim Tuchel          [hidden email]
Fliederweg 1                         http://www.objektfabrik.de
D-71640 Ludwigsburg                  http://joachimtuchel.wordpress.com
Telefon: +49 7141 56 10 86 0         Fax: +49 7141 56 10 86 1

Re: Seaside : including a static stylesheet.

Sabine Manaa
Hi Joachim,

I did nothing:-) I assume the macs web server runs by default.

The localhost:8080 only works if I have Pharo/seaside running.

the index.html example is independent of  Pharo/seaside.

I can not explain, perhaps someone other.

But a long time ago, I was looking for a solution how to reference static css and png files in my local environment and I ended up with this solution.

Regards
Sabine

Hi Sabine,

this raises my interest. So you have two web servers listening to the same port, one being macOS X' built in web server (how did you activate/configure it?) and Seaside?

If I visit localhost:8080 on my mac (no pharo image or anything running), I get no answer, although there are files in /Library/WebServer/Documents (provided by Apple: index.html.en).

Joachim

Am 08.03.17 um 08:15 schrieb Sabine Manaa:
Hi Dominique,

try to use
From your app

http://forum.world.st/Seaside-including-a-static-stylesheet-tp4936435p4937851.html