Seaside-like debugging

Bernat Romagosa
Hi list,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to implement a seaside-like walkback debugging, so that when an error occurs you can jump straight to the point where it was triggered, modify whatever needed and proceed with the execution.

Is this maybe not possible due to the fact that, in Iliad, code is not "alive", but "sleeping" inside closures?

If so, what are your personal tips and tricks for debugging? I'm inserting breakpoints but it feels like going back to the way you program in other languages...

Thanks!

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Seaside-like debugging

ZuLuuuuuu
You should be able to do Seaside like debugging if you are using VisualGST after executing:

Iliad.ILErrorHandler debugMode

But it doesn't work for me currently, weird :S
Canol Gökel

Re: Seaside-like debugging

Bernat Romagosa
Hi Canol,

Any chance of achieving a similar behaviour in Pharo? :)

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Seaside-like debugging

Nicolas Petton
Le lundi 14 mars 2011 à 12:33 +0100, AxiNat a écrit :
> Hi Canol,
>

> Any chance of achieving a similar behaviour in Pharo? :)

Yes, ILErrorHandler debugMode should work.

Cheers,
Nico

Re: Seaside-like debugging

Bernat Romagosa