Seaside not loading css styles (but our fault)

12

Re: Seaside not loading css styles (but our fault)

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Cool.

Don't use Swazoo, it doesn't work and some tests are broken. Use Kom or Zinc.

yes, but last time I tried to use Zinc I have an error. Can you tell me which packages do I need to load and how to start the seaside adaptor?
I mean, which is the equivalent to WAKomEncoded startOn: 5555   in Zinc ?

Thanks a lot

Lukas

On Friday, 23 September 2011, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey! good news :) The styles are fine with latest version (of fuel package loader). We was doing something wrong when materializing classes.
> Now... we have some red tests in Seaside, and even worse, a test in Swazoo crashes my VM... so we have more debug to do!
> Thank you very much for your help.
> Martín
>
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 2:09 AM, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> 2011/9/22 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
>> > Well...
>> >
>> > http://localhost:2323/
>> >
>> > ->
>> >
>> > [22:50:51.466] GET http://localhost:2323/ [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 4ms]
>> > [22:50:51.513] GET http://localhost:2323/files/JQDeploymentLibrary/jQuery.js
>> > [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 2ms]
>> > [22:50:51.522] GET
>> > http://localhost:2323/files/JQUiDeploymentLibrary/jQueryUi.js [HTTP/1.1 404
>> > Not Found 12ms]
>> > [22:50:51.528] GET
>> > https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.16/themes/ui-lightness/jquery-ui.css
>> > [HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified 85ms]
>> > [22:50:51.535] GET http://localhost:2323/files/WAWelcomeFiles/welcome.css
>> > [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 24ms]
>> > [22:50:51.554] GET
>> > http://localhost:2323/files/WAWelcomeFiles/syntaxHighlighting.css [HTTP/1.1
>> > 404 Not Found 36ms]
>> > [22:50:51.571] GET
>> > http://localhost:2323/files/WADevelopmentFiles/development.css [HTTP/1.1 404
>> > Not Found 37ms]
>> > [22:50:51.633] Error in parsing value for 'filter'.  Declaration dropped. @
>> > https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.16/themes/ui-lightness/jquery-ui.css:22
>> > [22:50:51.709] Unknown property 'zoom'.  Declaration dropped. @
>> > https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.16/themes/ui-lightness/jquery-ui.css:330
>> > [22:50:51.822] GET
>> > http://localhost:2323/files/JQUiDeploymentLibrary/jQueryUi.js [HTTP/1.1 404
>> > Not Found 1ms]
>> > [22:50:51.881] GET http://localhost:2323/files/WAWelcomeFiles/welcome.css
>> > [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 1ms]
>> > [22:50:51.892] GET
>> > http://localhost:2323/files/WAWelcomeFiles/syntaxHighlighting.css [HTTP/1.1
>> > 404 Not Found 12ms]
>> > [22:50:51.903] GET
>> > http://localhost:2323/files/WADevelopmentFiles/development.css [HTTP/1.1 404
>> > Not Found 23ms]
>> >

>> > And if I go to http://localhost:2323/files   I see NOTHING. EMPTY.
>>
>> You'll have to debug, the call three should look something like this:
>> HttpService
>>  WAComancheAdaptor
>>    WADispatcher
>>      WAFileHandler
>>
>> There are unfortunately several class instance variables involved :-(
>>
>> Cheers
>> Philippe

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Seaside not loading css styles (but our fault)

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 23 Sep 2011, at 09:41, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> I mean, which is the equivalent to WAKomEncoded startOn: 5555   in Zinc ?

"Start Zinc"
(ZnZincServerAdaptor port: 8080)
        codec: GRPharoUtf8Codec new;
        start.

There are alternatives, but the above is OK.

Sven

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 23 Sep 2011, at 09:41, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> I mean, which is the equivalent to WAKomEncoded startOn: 5555   in Zinc ?

"Start Zinc"
(ZnZincServerAdaptor port: 8080)
       codec: GRPharoUtf8Codec new;
       start.

There are alternatives, but the above is OK.

Thanks Sven. I am doing:

   Gofer new squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository'; package:
'ConfigurationOfSeaside30'; load.
               (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project latestVersion
load: #('Base Tests' 'Zinc-Seaside')

And then what you say:

(ZnZincServerAdaptor port: 4567)
       codec: GRPharoUtf8Codec new
       start.

But then in the browser: http://localhost:4567/

-> Error: you are forbidden to access "/"

Any ideas?

On 23 Sep 2011, at 10:05, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Thanks Sven. I am doing:
>
>    Gofer new squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository'; package:
> 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30'; load.
>                (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project latestVersion
> load: #('Base Tests' 'Zinc-Seaside')
>
> And then what you say:
>
> (ZnZincServerAdaptor port: 4567)
>        codec: GRPharoUtf8Codec new
>        start.
>
> But then in the browser: http://localhost:4567/
>
> -> Error: you are forbidden to access "/"
>
> Any ideas?

It looks like the server is just not running, first try something simpler:

(ZnServer defaultOn: 1701)
        logToTranscript;
        start.

And look at the Transcript and the Process Browser. Stop with:

ZnServer stopDefault.

This is a way to enable Zn logging when using Seaside (you won't see the actual startup, but that's OK).

| adaptor |
(adaptor := ZnZincServerAdaptor port: 4567)
        codec: GRPharoUtf8Codec new;
     start.
adaptor server logToTranscript.
adaptor

Have a look at the Seaside Control Panel as well (it is in World Menu > Tools).

Good luck !

Sven

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 23 Sep 2011, at 10:05, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Thanks Sven. I am doing:
>
>    Gofer new squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository'; package:
> 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30'; load.
>                (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project latestVersion
> load: #('Base Tests' 'Zinc-Seaside')
>
> And then what you say:
>
> (ZnZincServerAdaptor port: 4567)
>        codec: GRPharoUtf8Codec new
>        start.
>
> But then in the browser: http://localhost:4567/
>
> -> Error: you are forbidden to access "/"
>
> Any ideas?

It looks like the server is just not running, first try something simpler:

(ZnServer defaultOn: 1701)
       logToTranscript;
       start.

And look at the Transcript and the Process Browser. Stop with:

ZnServer stopDefault.

Thanks Sven. Look the attached screenshot.

This is a way to enable Zn logging when using Seaside (you won't see the actual startup, but that's OK).

| adaptor |
(adaptor := ZnZincServerAdaptor port: 4567)
       codec: GRPharoUtf8Codec new;
    start.
adaptor server logToTranscript.
adaptor

Ok, after doing so, and going to http://localhost:4567/ I get:

2011-09-23 10:43:49 239337 I Read a ZnRequest(GET /)
2011-09-23 10:43:49 239337 T GET / 403 512B 2ms
2011-09-23 10:43:49 239337 I Wrote a ZnResponse(403 Forbidden text/plain 512B)
2011-09-23 10:44:19 239337 D Connection closed while reading request
2011-09-23 10:44:19 239337 D Closing stream

What is funny is that I can get to http://localhost:4567/files and I can see 2:

maybe this helps with something?

Have a look at the Seaside Control Panel as well (it is in World Menu > Tools).

Thanks Sven. It seems it is a little complicated to choose which groups you load from ConfigurationOfSeaside30. I was loading 'Base' and 'Zinc-Seaside'. But now if I load 'Core' and 'Zinc-Seaside' it works perfect....

Thanks!

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:58 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Any clues of what can be the problem ?
>>
>> Likely there is something messed up with the configurations.
>>
>> You can reinitialize all code with the following Gofer helper:
>>
>>     WADevelopment reinitializePackages: WADevelopment allPackages
>>
>> Similarly, you can see if there are any code differences:
>>
>>     WADevelopment localPackageChanges: WADevelopment allPackages
>
> That's doesn't help, because I am NOT loading seaside with
> Metacello/Gofer/Monticello/MZC. Instead, we are experimenting with Fuel ;)
> So...I am sure there must be a problem somewhere in our code, but I cannot
> understand what.

Sure, the two above expressions do not care how the code is loaded.

Are you sure?
I have a problem because the monticello packages are not present. Check the attached screenshot.

Thanks

They only care about everything being there as it should. If they do
not work I doubt that anything is going to work.

Did you try running the tests?

Lukas

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:58 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Any clues of what can be the problem ?
>>
>> Likely there is something messed up with the configurations.
>>
>> You can reinitialize all code with the following Gofer helper:
>>
>>     WADevelopment reinitializePackages: WADevelopment allPackages
>>
>> Similarly, you can see if there are any code differences:
>>
>>     WADevelopment localPackageChanges: WADevelopment allPackages
>
> That's doesn't help, because I am NOT loading seaside with
> Metacello/Gofer/Monticello/MZC. Instead, we are experimenting with Fuel ;)
> So...I am sure there must be a problem somewhere in our code, but I cannot
> understand what.

Sure, the two above expressions do not care how the code is loaded.

Are you sure?
I have a problem because the monticello packages are not present. Check the attached screenshot.

Sorry...PharoDebug.log. And here it is.

PharoDebug.log (32K) Download Attachment

Re: Seaside not loading css styles (but our fault)

Lukas Renggli

>> > That's doesn't help, because I am NOT loading seaside with
>> > Metacello/Gofer/Monticello/MZC. Instead, we are experimenting with Fuel
>> > ;)
>> > So...I am sure there must be a problem somewhere in our code, but I
>> > cannot
>> > understand what.
>>
>> Sure, the two above expressions do not care how the code is loaded.
>
> Are you sure?

Seaside uses its own model for packages. PackageInfo normally creates
non-existant packages lazily.

> I have a problem because the monticello packages are not present. Check the
> attached screenshot.

Where?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

On 23 September 2011 11:43, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck
> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Sure, the two above expressions do not care how the code is loaded.
>>

>> Are you sure?
>> I have a problem because the monticello packages are not present. Check
>> the attached screenshot.
>>

> Sorry...PharoDebug.log. And here it is.

Ahh, maybe you should create at least MCWorkingCopies?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Seaside not loading css styles (but our fault)

Mariano Martinez Peck
Cool Martin. Now I could do it as well. I have exported the groups 'Core', 'Tests' and 'Zinc-Seaside'. Then I materialize it a clean image and all tests (1567) are green. And it only takes 7 seconds :)

[#('seaside-ConfigurationOfGrease.fuel' 'seaside-ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer.fuel' 'seaside-ConfigurationOfSPort2.fuel' 'seaside-ConfigurationOfSwazoo2.fuel' 'seaside-ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents.fuel' 'seaside-Grease-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Grease-Pharo-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Grease-Tests-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Grease-Tests-Pharo-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Sport.fuel' 'seaside-Swazoo.fuel' 'seaside-Zinc-HTTP.fuel' 'seaside-Zinc-Tests.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Pharo-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Component.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Canvas.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Pharo-Canvas.fuel' 'seaside-RSS-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Javascript-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Javascript-Pharo-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Comet-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Prototype-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Scriptaculous-Core.fuel' 'seaside-JQuery-Core.fuel' 'seaside-JQuery-UI.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Email.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Pharo-Email.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-HTML5.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-InternetExplorer.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Session.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-RenderLoop.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tools-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Flow.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Examples.fuel' 'seaside-RSS-Examples.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Widgets.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tools-Web.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Pharo-Tools-Web.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Environment.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Pharo-Environment.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Development.fuel' 'seaside-Scriptaculous-Components.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Swazoo.fuel' 'seaside-Zinc-Seaside.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Adaptors-Swazoo.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Session.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-RenderLoop.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Component.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Canvas.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Environment.fuel' 'seaside-RSS-Tests-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Javascript-Tests-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Javascript-Tests-Pharo-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Email.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Functional.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Functional.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Flow.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Welcome.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Pharo-Welcome.fuel' 'seaside-Prototype-Tests-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Scriptaculous-Tests-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Scriptaculous-Tests-Components.fuel' 'seaside-JQuery-Tests-Core.fuel' 'seaside-JQuery-Tests-UI.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-HTML5.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-InternetExplorer.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Examples.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Tools-Web.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Development.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-UTF8.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Welcome.fuel' 'seaside-DynamicBindings.fuel' 'seaside-KomServices.fuel' 'seaside-KomHttpServer.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-FileSystem.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-FileSystem.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Pharo-Continuation.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Continuation.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Pharo-Flow.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Pharo-Development.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Development.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Adaptors-Comanche.fuel' 'seaside-Comet-Pharo-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Comet-Examples.fuel' 'seaside-Comet-Tests-Core.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Adaptors-Comanche.fuel' 'seaside-Grease-Slime.fuel' 'seaside-Grease-Tests-Slime.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Slime.fuel' 'seaside-Seaside-Tests-Slime.fuel')
    do: [ :packageFileName |
        (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'FuelMetacello')
            oldFileNamed: packageFileName
            do: [ :aStream | FLPackageLoader new loadFrom: aStream binary ]]
    displayingProgress: [ :packageFileName | 'Fuel importing ', packageFileName ]] timeToRun 7035

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 3:23 AM, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 3:16 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Cool.

Don't use Swazoo, it doesn't work and some tests are broken. Use Kom or Zinc.

Great, so without counting Swazoo, we have 9 tests of Seaside and Grease to look at.

:D

It's ready! welcome app works fine and all tests are green (except swazoo who still crashes). Now I have to sleep we will show details about "the experiment" very soon.

Cheers,
Martín

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23 September 2011 11:43, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck
> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Sure, the two above expressions do not care how the code is loaded.
>>

>> Are you sure?
>> I have a problem because the monticello packages are not present. Check
>> the attached screenshot.
>>

> Sorry...PharoDebug.log. And here it is.

Ahh, maybe you should create at least MCWorkingCopies?

That's being dependent on how the code is loaded ;)

But don't worry, now it is working. There is only one test failing and it is because of the same reason: #testNoDuplicateUuids

Lukas

On 23 Sep 2011, at 11:47, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Cool Martin. Now I could do it as well. I have exported the groups 'Core', 'Tests' and 'Zinc-Seaside'.
> Then I materialize it a clean image and all tests (1567) are green. And it only takes 7 seconds :)

Great !

I want to try this myself soon.

Sven

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 23 Sep 2011, at 11:47, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Cool Martin. Now I could do it as well. I have exported the groups 'Core', 'Tests' and 'Zinc-Seaside'.
> Then I materialize it a clean image and all tests (1567) are green. And it only takes 7 seconds :)

Great !

I want to try this myself soon.

Now that we have a very very VERY first step working, I will prepare a blog post :)

On 23 September 2011 11:50, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 23 September 2011 11:43, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>> > Sorry...PharoDebug.log. And here it is.
>>
>> Ahh, maybe you should create at least MCWorkingCopies?
>>

> That's being dependent on how the code is loaded ;)

That depends on your definition of "the code is loaded".

I assume that the image/changes file is in *exactly* the same state as
if the code would be loaded with Monticello.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23 September 2011 11:50, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 23 September 2011 11:43, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>> > Sorry...PharoDebug.log. And here it is.
>>
>> Ahh, maybe you should create at least MCWorkingCopies?
>>

> That's being dependent on how the code is loaded ;)

That depends on your definition of "the code is loaded".

I assume that the image/changes file is in *exactly* the same state as
if the code would be loaded with Monticello.

Well. Again, if you assume that .image/.changes file is exactly as it would be with Monticello, then that is not independent of you load the code ;)
In my case I am loading the code without touching .changes and doing nothing related to Monticello.
Anyway, that's another discussion and I appreciate the help of all this thread.

Lukas