Seaside on Pharo-Kernel

Pavel Krivanek-3
Hi,

there's possible to load Seaside to the Pharo-Kernel.

1) Load PharoKernel-Gofer image from CI server
(https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Pharo-Kernel/job/Pharo%20Kernel%20Gofer/lastSuccessfulBuild/)

2) run the image with seaside.st script as an argument. That will
create about 4.1 MB image with basic Seaside packages and basic
examples.

3) run the image with run.st script (note that starting of the server
in the seaside.st script will hang, currently I have no idea why).

4) see if everything works at http://localhost:8080/examples/examplebrowser

Cheers,
-- Pavel

run.st (98 bytes) Download Attachment
seaside.st (1012 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Seaside on Pharo-Kernel

Stéphane Ducasse
Pavel

could you create a page on the wiki about pharo-kernel?
Because like that it does not lost in our email flow.

tx

On Aug 9, 2011, at 12:45 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there's possible to load Seaside to the Pharo-Kernel.
>
> 1) Load PharoKernel-Gofer image from CI server
> (https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Pharo-Kernel/job/Pharo%20Kernel%20Gofer/lastSuccessfulBuild/)
>
> 2) run the image with seaside.st script as an argument. That will
> create about 4.1 MB image with basic Seaside packages and basic
> examples.
>
> 3) run the image with run.st script (note that starting of the server
> in the seaside.st script will hang, currently I have no idea why).
>
> 4) see if everything works at http://localhost:8080/examples/examplebrowser
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel
> <run.st><seaside.st>

Re: Seaside on Pharo-Kernel

Pavel Krivanek-3
OK,

I will update the current. Even better is to create a Jenkins job ;-)

https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Pharo-Kernel/job/Pharo%20Kernel%20Seaside/

-- Pavel

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pavel
>
> could you create a page on the wiki about pharo-kernel?
> Because like that it does not lost in our email flow.
>
> tx
>
> On Aug 9, 2011, at 12:45 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> there's possible to load Seaside to the Pharo-Kernel.
>>
>> 1) Load PharoKernel-Gofer image from CI server
>> (https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Pharo-Kernel/job/Pharo%20Kernel%20Gofer/lastSuccessfulBuild/)
>>
>> 2) run the image with seaside.st script as an argument. That will
>> create about 4.1 MB image with basic Seaside packages and basic
>> examples.
>>
>> 3) run the image with run.st script (note that starting of the server
>> in the seaside.st script will hang, currently I have no idea why).
>>
>> 4) see if everything works at http://localhost:8080/examples/examplebrowser
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -- Pavel
>> <run.st><seaside.st>

Re: [Seaside] Seaside on Pharo-Kernel

Mariano Martinez Peck
Wow. This is awesome: a working Seaside image in 4.3 MB.

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is a prepared image:
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
>
> This is really cool!
>
> Sven
>
> On 09 Aug 2011, at 12:52, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> there's possible to load Seaside to the Pharo-Kernel.
>>
>> 1) Load PharoKernel-Gofer image from CI server
>> (https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Pharo-Kernel/job/Pharo%20Kernel%20Gofer/lastSuccessfulBuild/)
>>
>> 2) run the image with seaside.st script as an argument. That will
>> create about 4.1 MB image with basic Seaside packages and basic
>> examples.
>>
>> 3) run the image with run.st script (note that starting of the server
>> in the seaside.st script will hang, currently I have no idea why).
>>
>> 4) see if everything works at http://localhost:8080/examples/examplebrowser
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -- Pavel
>> <run.st><seaside.st>_______________________________________________
>> seaside mailing list
>> [hidden email]

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Seaside] Seaside on Pharo-Kernel

Igor Stasenko
On 9 August 2011 18:59, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wow. This is awesome: a working Seaside image in 4.3 MB.

Indeed.
Now if we could have some remote browsing/remote debugging tools..
(please say nothing about RFB)

> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> There is a prepared image:
>>

>> https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Pharo-Kernel/job/Pharo%20Kernel%20Seaside/
>>
>> -- Pavel
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Pavel,
>> >
>> > This is really cool!
>> >
>> > Sven

> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [Seaside] Seaside on Pharo-Kernel

stephane ducasse

On Aug 11, 2011, at 12:12 AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 9 August 2011 18:59, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Wow. This is awesome: a working Seaside image in 4.3 MB.
>>
> Indeed.
> Now if we could have some remote browsing/remote debugging tools..
> (please say nothing about RFB)

Normally with what we are doing around
        having an environment
        + ring
        + nick papoulyas work

we should get there.

Re: [Pharo-users] [Seaside] Seaside on Pharo-Kernel

Dale Henrichs

| On 9 August 2011 18:59, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
| wrote:
| > Wow. This is awesome: a working Seaside image in 4.3 MB.
| >
| Indeed.
| Now if we could have some remote browsing/remote debugging tools..
| (please say nothing about RFB)

Igor,

If you want to do development in a Seaside image, check out tODE[1]. It's a Smalltalk development environment written in Seaside that has been ported to Pharo and GemStone ... code browsing, inspectors, debugger, metacello/monticello integration are all there.

The current version of tODE is a proof of concept but it is a highly functional proof of concept. I've been doing about 80% of my development in tODE for the last couple of months ... the current version of tODE doesn't use RING, but I plan to use RING (and port it to GemStone) for the next version ...

[1] http://code.google.com/p/tode/

Dale