Seaside on VMWare?

Avi  Bryant
See this blog comment:
http://smallthought.com/avi/?p=12#comment-118

Anyone up for it?

Avi

Re: Seaside on VMWare?

Brad Fuller
Avi Bryant wrote:
> See this blog comment:
> http://smallthought.com/avi/?p=12#comment-118
>
> Anyone up for it?
I thought about that when reading the latest LinuxJournal article.
But, wouldn't it be pretty much the same with configuring a
Seaside/Squeak image-ready image?
For instance a squeak image with pier included would be an instant wiki.

What's the difference?

Re: Seaside on VMWare?

Cees De Groot
On 4/20/06, Brad Fuller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> For instance a squeak image with pier included would be an instant wiki.
>
> What's the difference?

The difference is that the user already has the VM installed in the
case of VMware player. So we wouldn't need to ship multiple VM's for
each platform, etcetera.

The image would be the same. The difference would be that we pad it
with a tiny Linux installation that fires up the image, and announce
that as the VMware Player version of Squeak/Seaside/... PR-wise, it
makes a lot of sense to ride the VMware wave; technically, it doesn't
make a whole lot of sense but it is at least for someone that creates
the configuration a couple of hours of fun :)