Seaside ports to javascript?

larrry
At the risk of setting myself up for much abuse, does anyone know of any attempts to port Seaside to Javascript? Any seaside-inspired javascript projects would be interesting as well. I'm more interested in the rendering library than the continuations, per se.

Thanks for the help.

larry

Re: Seaside ports to javascript?

Nick
http://jtalk-project.org/

On 2 September 2011 13:48, Larry White <[hidden email]> wrote:
At the risk of setting myself up for much abuse, does anyone know of any attempts to port Seaside to Javascript? Any seaside-inspired javascript projects would be interesting as well. I'm more interested in the rendering library than the continuations, per se.

Thanks for the help.

larry

Re: Seaside ports to javascript?

Pavel Krivanek-2

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Larry White <[hidden email]> wrote:
> At the risk of setting myself up for much abuse, does anyone know of any
> attempts to port Seaside to Javascript? Any seaside-inspired javascript
> projects would be interesting as well. I'm more interested in the rendering
> library than the continuations, per se.

Try to look at http://code.google.com/p/xuljet/. It is highly inspired
by Seaside (rendering, components) however continuations and
resumeable exceptions are not possible in JavaScript.

-- Pavel

> Thanks for the help.
> larry

RE: Seaside ports to javascript?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)

Also,

http://clamato.net/

-Boris

Re: Seaside ports to javascript?

larrry
thanks for the suggestions.

I'm looking at Jtalk, which I think will be really cool, but I also think things would be simpler if I worked directly in javascript, just because the client needs to be in javascript anyway, and I'm probably going to use couch for persistence, which uses javascript for the query language.  Similar for clamato.

@Pavel xuljet is almost exactly what i'm looking for, except that it relies on xulrunner so it won't work in chrome, safari, etc.  It's modeled on something called jaml, which has some promise, maybe.

The one thing xuljet doesn't have that I'd really like is the transparent callback model for executing server side code based on client events.  If I could find something with that I could be happy. ;)

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs <[hidden email]> wrote:

Also,

http://clamato.net/

-Boris