Seaside question won't post to Seaside news group

Seaside question won't post to Seaside news group

Louis LaBrunda
Hi,

I'm very sorry for posting this here but I have tried to post two messages to the Seaside news
group that don't show up and I don't get any kind of rejection notice.  I know Seaside is more
a Pharo project than a Squeak project but I know I can post here (at least I have before).

I want to register a sub-class of WARequestHandler as '..'.  '...' works but '..' doesn't.  I'm
trying to use the same URL that one would use with Apache like "../folder/filename.txt".  The
request handler then reads and returns the file.  Thanks for any ideas as to where to look.

Lou
--
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.

Re: Seaside question won't post to Seaside news group

Nicolas Cellier
Hi Lou,
if you have an account you can also post such question on stackoverflow, they generally have a response shortly.

I'm very sorry for posting this here but I have tried to post two messages to the Seaside news
group that don't show up and I don't get any kind of rejection notice.  I know Seaside is more
a Pharo project than a Squeak project but I know I can post here (at least I have before).

I want to register a sub-class of WARequestHandler as '..'.  '...' works but '..' doesn't.  I'm
trying to use the same URL that one would use with Apache like "../folder/filename.txt".  The
request handler then reads and returns the file.  Thanks for any ideas as to where to look.

Lou
--
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.
SkypeMe callto://PhotonDemon

Seaside question won't post to Seaside news group

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the info but I don't have a stackoverflow account.

Lou

On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 17:47:44 +0200, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Lou,
>if you have an account you can also post such question on stackoverflow,
>they generally have a response shortly.

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm very sorry for posting this here but I have tried to post two messages
>> to the Seaside news
>> group that don't show up and I don't get any kind of rejection notice.  I
>> know Seaside is more
>> a Pharo project than a Squeak project but I know I can post here (at least
>> I have before).
>>
>> I want to register a sub-class of WARequestHandler as '..'.  '...' works
>> but '..' doesn't.  I'm
>> trying to use the same URL that one would use with Apache like
>> "../folder/filename.txt".  The
>> request handler then reads and returns the file.  Thanks for any ideas as
>> to where to look.
>>
>> Lou
>> --
>> Louis LaBrunda
>> Keystone Software Corp.
>> SkypeMe callto://PhotonDemon

--
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.
SkypeMe callto://PhotonDemon

Re: Seaside question won't post to Seaside news group

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 08-09-17 17:47, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
> if you have an account you can also post such question on stackoverflow,
> they generally have a response shortly.

We generally recommend against using stackoverflow. Too many clueless
closers, and no way to give a decent answer. SO does not work for small
communities.

Stephan