Seaside repository move

Johan Brichau-2
Hi fellow Seasiders,

I have just further adapted and tested the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 to load from smalltalkhub.
Both Seaside30 and Seaside31 load fine in Pharo2.0. There is a problem loading 3.1 in Pharo1.4 (I think this is what Diego mentioned as well)
All but the following Seaside dependencies have been moved away from squeaksource:
- WebClient -> where is this one to be hosted? (Tobias?)
- Omnibrowser -> should we move this one to smalltalkhub too?
- RefactoringBrowser -> idem?

Since the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 loads both Seaside30 and Seaside31, it does not make sense to put the configuration in either repository. In addition, there is the grease config that was previously in the squeaksource metacello repo. Therefore, I created a separate repository to host all metacello configurations for the Seaside-related projects: www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main

This seemed to best option to me but we can still change that if desired.

If all of the above is fine, we should make a quick announcement and update the website.

Now I'm off to the real seaside for the afternoon ;-)
Johan_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: Seaside repository move

Tobias Pape
Am 21.07.2013 um 13:50 schrieb Johan Brichau <[hidden email]>:

> Hi fellow Seasiders,
>
> I have just further adapted and tested the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 to load from smalltalkhub.
> Both Seaside30 and Seaside31 load fine in Pharo2.0. There is a problem loading 3.1 in Pharo1.4 (I think this is what Diego mentioned as well)
> All but the following Seaside dependencies have been moved away from squeaksource:
> - WebClient -> where is this one to be hosted? (Tobias?)

already on ss3:
        ss3.gemstone.com/ss/WebClient.html

> - Omnibrowser -> should we move this one to smalltalkhub too?
> - RefactoringBrowser -> idem?
>
> Since the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 loads both Seaside30 and Seaside31, it does not make sense to put the configuration in either repository. In addition, there is the grease config that was previously in the squeaksource metacello repo. Therefore, I created a separate repository to host all metacello configurations for the Seaside-related projects: www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main
>
> This seemed to best option to me but we can still change that if desired.
>
> If all of the above is fine, we should make a quick announcement and update the website.
>
> Now I'm off to the real seaside for the afternoon ;-)

Enjoy!

Best
        -Tobias_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: Seaside repository move

Johan Brichau-2

On 21 Jul 2013, at 19:44, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> - WebClient -> where is this one to be hosted? (Tobias?)
>
> already on ss3:
> ss3.gemstone.com/ss/WebClient.html

Thanks Tobias. I changed the reference to this repository.

Btw, could you check if all works well in Squeak when you find some time for it?

cheers
Johan_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: Seaside repository move

DiegoLont
Hi Johan,

I checked your work, and found some minor problems.

In 3.1.0 Grease version 1.1.0 was referenced. This caused some loading problems. I think the problem is actually a problem of the Grease configuration, version 1.1.0, as this does not include a version number of Grease-Pharo20-Core. But replacing it with the latest version (1.1.1) works fine.

Also I added Zinc-Seaside to Core group of 3.0.8 for Pharo 2.0. To make the configurations more uniform.

With the remark that loading Seaside 3.1.0 in Pharo1.4 I first should update the metacello configuration I confirm that all loads well. For 3.1 there are still some red tests, but I guess at the ESUG sprint there is time for this.

Thx for all the work Johan! I now continue with the configurations of JQueryWidgetBox, Magritte and Pier.

Cheers,
Diego

On Jul 21, 2013, at 10:40 PM, Johan Brichau wrote:

> On 21 Jul 2013, at 19:44, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> - WebClient -> where is this one to be hosted? (Tobias?)
>>
>> already on ss3:
>> ss3.gemstone.com/ss/WebClient.html
>
> Thanks Tobias. I changed the reference to this repository.
>
> Btw, could you check if all works well in Squeak when you find some time for it?
>
> cheers
> Johan_______________________________________________
> seaside-dev mailing list

Re: Seaside repository move

Johan Brichau-2

On 22 Jul 2013, at 09:49, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In 3.1.0 Grease version 1.1.0 was referenced. This caused some loading problems. I think the problem is actually a problem of the Grease configuration, version 1.1.0, as this does not include a version number of Grease-Pharo20-Core. But replacing it with the latest version (1.1.1) works fine.

Thanks for setting it to 1.1.1 (I forgot that).
Strange about the loading problem, because the only difference between 1.1.1 and 1.1.0 is the Grease-Core package version (merely picked up some bugfixes by Philippe there)

> Also I added Zinc-Seaside to Core group of 3.0.8 for Pharo 2.0. To make the configurations more uniform.

I don't think that's a good idea because the intention is to separate the loading of an adaptor from the core. It has also always been like that in the past and we should be careful to change the loading behavior for the running version when people might depend on it (for one, I am depending on this not to change, at least not for the same version).

Johan

Re: Seaside repository move

DiegoLont
In Pharo 1.4 when I load the default group of 3.0.8, it includes Zinc. So I merely made it the same for Pharo 1.4 and Pharo 2.0.

If this should not be the case, I agree. The we need to remove Zinc in version 3.0.8 for both Pharo 1.4 and Pharo 2.0

On Jul 22, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:

> On 22 Jul 2013, at 09:49, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> In 3.1.0 Grease version 1.1.0 was referenced. This caused some loading problems. I think the problem is actually a problem of the Grease configuration, version 1.1.0, as this does not include a version number of Grease-Pharo20-Core. But replacing it with the latest version (1.1.1) works fine.
>
> Thanks for setting it to 1.1.1 (I forgot that).
> Strange about the loading problem, because the only difference between 1.1.1 and 1.1.0 is the Grease-Core package version (merely picked up some bugfixes by Philippe there)
>
>> Also I added Zinc-Seaside to Core group of 3.0.8 for Pharo 2.0. To make the configurations more uniform.
>
> I don't think that's a good idea because the intention is to separate the loading of an adaptor from the core. It has also always been like that in the past and we should be careful to change the loading behavior for the running version when people might depend on it (for one, I am depending on this not to change, at least not for the same version).
>
> Johan

Re: Seaside repository move

Johan Brichau-2
Hm.. you are right and I guess I made that mistake in the past then by adding Zinc-Seaside to the Core.

Thinking about it: we might want to leave it like that. Since Zinc comes with Pharo by default, it's not a big deal to load that adaptor by default with the core.
My main concern was pulling in Zinc on Squeak and Gemstone.

thanks!

Johan

On 22 Jul 2013, at 11:08, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In Pharo 1.4 when I load the default group of 3.0.8, it includes Zinc. So I merely made it the same for Pharo 1.4 and Pharo 2.0.
>
> If this should not be the case, I agree. The we need to remove Zinc in version 3.0.8 for both Pharo 1.4 and Pharo 2.0
>
> On Jul 22, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:
>

>> On 22 Jul 2013, at 09:49, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> In 3.1.0 Grease version 1.1.0 was referenced. This caused some loading problems. I think the problem is actually a problem of the Grease configuration, version 1.1.0, as this does not include a version number of Grease-Pharo20-Core. But replacing it with the latest version (1.1.1) works fine.
>>
>> Thanks for setting it to 1.1.1 (I forgot that).
>> Strange about the loading problem, because the only difference between 1.1.1 and 1.1.0 is the Grease-Core package version (merely picked up some bugfixes by Philippe there)
>>
>>> Also I added Zinc-Seaside to Core group of 3.0.8 for Pharo 2.0. To make the configurations more uniform.
>>
>> I don't think that's a good idea because the intention is to separate the loading of an adaptor from the core. It has also always been like that in the past and we should be careful to change the loading behavior for the running version when people might depend on it (for one, I am depending on this not to change, at least not for the same version).
>>
>> Johan

Re: Seaside repository move

DiegoLont
Johan,

I tried to move the configuration of JQueryWidgetBox to smalltalkhub also, but the JQueryWidgetBox folder is not complete. It halts on JQWidgetBox-FullCalendar, but I guess there will be others as well. Do you know who moved this repository, and it is hard to update this repository with the missing packages? The commits indicate Torsten Bergmann … but all are older then the repository existed ...

Diego

On Jul 22, 2013, at 11:20 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:

> Hm.. you are right and I guess I made that mistake in the past then by adding Zinc-Seaside to the Core.
>
> Thinking about it: we might want to leave it like that. Since Zinc comes with Pharo by default, it's not a big deal to load that adaptor by default with the core.
> My main concern was pulling in Zinc on Squeak and Gemstone.
>
> thanks!
>
> Johan
>
> On 22 Jul 2013, at 11:08, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> In Pharo 1.4 when I load the default group of 3.0.8, it includes Zinc. So I merely made it the same for Pharo 1.4 and Pharo 2.0.
>>
>> If this should not be the case, I agree. The we need to remove Zinc in version 3.0.8 for both Pharo 1.4 and Pharo 2.0

>>> Thanks for setting it to 1.1.1 (I forgot that).
>>> Strange about the loading problem, because the only difference between 1.1.1 and 1.1.0 is the Grease-Core package version (merely picked up some bugfixes by Philippe there)

>>> I don't think that's a good idea because the intention is to separate the loading of an adaptor from the core. It has also always been like that in the past and we should be careful to change the loading behavior for the running version when people might depend on it (for one, I am depending on this not to change, at least not for the same version).
>>>
>>> Johan

Re: Seaside repository move

Tobias Pape
Am 22.07.2013 um 11:20 schrieb Johan Brichau <[hidden email]>:

> Hm.. you are right and I guess I made that mistake in the past then by adding Zinc-Seaside to the Core.
>
> Thinking about it: we might want to leave it like that. Since Zinc comes with Pharo by default, it's not a big deal to load that adaptor by default with the core.
> My main concern was pulling in Zinc on Squeak and Gemstone.

Please leave it out, Zinc does not (yet?) work on Squeak
at all.

Probably, you should add it by default in the #gemstone part.

Best
        -Tobias

Re: Seaside repository move

DiegoLont
Tobias,

I only added it to the part specific for pharo. I will not add it for gemstone nor squeak.

cheers,
Diego

On Jul 22, 2013, at 12:53 PM, Tobias Pape wrote:

> Am 22.07.2013 um 11:20 schrieb Johan Brichau <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hm.. you are right and I guess I made that mistake in the past then by adding Zinc-Seaside to the Core.
>>
>> Thinking about it: we might want to leave it like that. Since Zinc comes with Pharo by default, it's not a big deal to load that adaptor by default with the core.
>> My main concern was pulling in Zinc on Squeak and Gemstone.
>

> Please leave it out, Zinc does not (yet?) work on Squeak
> at all.
>
> Probably, you should add it by default in the #gemstone part.
>
> Best
> -Tobias

Configuration JQueryWidgetBox

DiegoLont
Hi all,

I now moved and updated the configuration of JQueryWidgetBox to smalltalkhub.

I removed the "3.1.0-pharo" and "3.1.0-gemstone" versions from seaside because they triggered an interesting bug / feature in monticello: because the config is empty (the gemstone one on pharo and visa versa), it is the current loaded version. And because 3.1.0-pharo >= 3.1.0 >= 3.0.8, it causes the wrong version to load, when you refer to it from a different configuration.

The location of the sources is still squeak source, as not all sources are present on smalltalkhub (and I don't have such a nice script as Johan to duplicate all sources).

I added a version 2.8 that loads 3.1. version 2.7 (still) loads the seaside stable version.

I moved the location of the seaside config.

If anyone wants to test if this config works for them as well. I only tested it for pharo2.0. Since it does not contain (much) platform specific code, it should be ok for other platforms as well.

Next is Magritte3.

Cheers,
Diego_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: Configuration JQueryWidgetBox

Johan Brichau-2
On 22 Jul 2013, at 13:29, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I removed the "3.1.0-pharo" and "3.1.0-gemstone" versions from seaside because they triggered an interesting bug / feature in monticello: because the config is empty (the gemstone one on pharo and visa versa), it is the current loaded version. And because 3.1.0-pharo >= 3.1.0 >= 3.0.8, it causes the wrong version to load, when you refer to it from a different configuration.

I wonder if all these methods should have their 'version' pragma removed.
It seems strange to me to define these methods as versions. I guess this was done in an attempt to separate the large configuration into parts _and_ use Metacello's inclusion mechanism to recompose it.
Although it's a bit of a hack, I also think it's better to recompose the configuration by using plain message sends.

> The location of the sources is still squeak source, as not all sources are present on smalltalkhub (and I don't have such a nice script as Johan to duplicate all sources).

It's not my script either. I just use the one from the main page of squeaksource :-)
I think Torsten moved the repository but the script easily allows me to copy all non-moved commits too. Will check that.

Johan

Re: Seaside repository move

Tobias Pape
[resent with correct config]

Am 21.07.2013 um 22:40 schrieb Johan Brichau <[hidden email]>:

> On 21 Jul 2013, at 19:44, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> - WebClient -> where is this one to be hosted? (Tobias?)
>>
>> already on ss3:
>> ss3.gemstone.com/ss/WebClient.html
>
> Thanks Tobias. I changed the reference to this repository.
>
> Btw, could you check if all works well in Squeak when you find some time for it?

So now is the time.

I fixed a few WebClient references. find a fixed config attached

As soon as Squeak correctly handles HTTP 301, it loads fine :)

Best
        -Tobias

ConfigurationOfSeaside3-topa.18.mcz (180K) Download Attachment

Re: Seaside repository move

Tobias Pape
Am 11.09.2013 um 00:21 schrieb Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>:

> [resent with correct config]

>>> already on ss3:
>>> ss3.gemstone.com/ss/WebClient.html
>>
>> Thanks Tobias. I changed the reference to this repository.
>>
>> Btw, could you check if all works well in Squeak when you find some time for it?
>

> So now is the time.
>
> I fixed a few WebClient references. find a fixed config attached
>
> As soon as Squeak correctly handles HTTP 301, it loads fine :)
Disregard the config, I am merging with Johan’s and Diego’s

Best
        -Tobias

Re: Seaside repository move

Johan Brichau-2
Tobias,

The recent mail by Diego on this list was an old mail that was just approved... so disregard it.
The most recent configuration is on Smalltalkhub.

I now notice I forgot about your changes in this mail thread. Perhaps the easiest is that you commit it on smalltalkhub.

thanks!
Johan

On 14 Sep 2013, at 09:35, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 11.09.2013 um 00:21 schrieb Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>:
>
>> [resent with correct config]

>>> Thanks Tobias. I changed the reference to this repository.
>>>
>>> Btw, could you check if all works well in Squeak when you find some time for it?
>>

>> So now is the time.
>>
>> I fixed a few WebClient references. find a fixed config attached
>>
>> As soon as Squeak correctly handles HTTP 301, it loads fine :)
>
> Disregard the config, I am merging with Johan’s and Diego’s
>
> Best
> -Tobias

Re: Seaside repository move

Tobias Pape
Am 15.09.2013 um 09:38 schrieb Johan Brichau <[hidden email]>:

> Tobias,
>
> The recent mail by Diego on this list was an old mail that was just approved... so disregard it.
> The most recent configuration is on Smalltalkhub.
>
> I now notice I forgot about your changes in this mail thread. Perhaps the easiest is that you commit it on smalltalkhub.
>
> thanks!

I am on my way to do that :)

Best
        -Tobias