Seaside tutorial question..

Rick Flower
Hi all again.. I'm trying out the Seaside tutorial that is on the cincom
site and when I try updating the decrease method using the web browser
based system browser (I'm using the free VisualWorks environment) and then
hit the accept button I get a message above the text area that says :

Message not understood: #asSym

It does in fact seem to save my updates and everything else works fine, but the
message is a bit confusing as I'm not sure where it's coming from..  Can someone
please enlighten me?

Thanks!

Re: Seaside tutorial question..

Michel Bany-3

>I get a message above the text area that says :
>
>Message not understood: #asSym
>
>It does in fact seem to save my updates and everything else works fine, but the
>message is a bit confusing as I'm not sure where it's coming from..  Can someone
>please enlighten me?

The bold message above the text area is intended to display the error
message, if any
compile error occurs. However, there is a minor bug that produces a DNU
after the
compile when no method category is selected in the third pane.
If you are interested, I am attaching a fix for this bug. Let me know
how it works.
Enjoy,
Michel.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<st-source>
<time-stamp>From VisualWorks®, 7.4 of lundi 5 décembre 2005 on vendredi 20 janvier 2006 at 7:36:36</time-stamp>

<methods>
<class-id>Squeak.Browser</class-id> <category>private</category>

        ^ self methodCategories selection ifNil: [self allMethods]</body>
</methods>

</st-source>

Re: Seaside tutorial question..

Rick Flower
* Michel Bany <[hidden email]> [2006-01-20 07:42:48 +0100]:

> >I get a message above the text area that says :
> >
> >Message not understood: #asSym
> >
> >It does in fact seem to save my updates and everything else works fine,
> >but the
> >message is a bit confusing as I'm not sure where it's coming from..  Can
> >someone
> >please enlighten me?
> >

> The bold message above the text area is intended to display the error
> message, if any
> compile error occurs. However, there is a minor bug that produces a DNU
> after the
> compile when no method category is selected in the third pane.
> If you are interested, I am attaching a fix for this bug. Let me know
> how it works.
> Enjoy,
> Michel.

Michel,

Thanks for the fix & comments.. I'll try them out tonight when I get home!
I'll probably post another question a little later this morning about the
Seaside enivonment & doing development, but need to run to a meeting.. Thanks
again!