Seaside under heavy load ...

Marten Feldtmann-2
Just to let you know about a problem I noticed today and the results are making me a little bit nervous. In a posting at my blog I described load tests against Seaside under various Smalltalks.

To summarize: the white HTML pages problem is still available under VASmalltalk 8.5 (at least under Windows).

Re: Seaside under heavy load ...

Marten Feldtmann-2
Here is a video of the white/empty HTML page error within VA 8.5 and Seaside - as it was with VA 8.0.3 and Seaside.

Please consider the fact, that in the background lots of requests are send to the VASmalltalk image while I play around with the web browser (10000 request created by 4 threads from a different computer over network).

Re: Seaside under heavy load ...

Marten Feldtmann-2
And here is a second video, showing the network traffic during the error. When the error happens the network protocol is completely different ...

Re: Seaside under heavy load ...

jtuchel
So you get a response with 200 OK and no contents from Seaside?

Re: Seaside under heavy load ...

Marten Feldtmann-2
That's what Firebug tells me and what the header shows: content-length = 0

Marten

Re: Seaside under heavy load ...

Marten Feldtmann-2
I would say:

 NO

and

 YES

Instantiations has refactored the Sst*Adapter class and seems to be gone (at least I was not able to reproduce it the easy way or any other wy p to today).

Re: Seaside under heavy load ...

jtuchel
Marten,

is that fix part of VAST 8.5?

Joachim

Am Freitag, 16. März 2012 10:55:03 UTC+1 schrieb Marten Feldtmann:
I would say:

 NO

and

 YES

Instantiations has refactored the Sst*Adapter class and seems to be gone (at least I was not able to reproduce it the easy way or any other wy p to today).

Re: Seaside under heavy load ...

Leo O.
Joachim

I believe the problem is related with a bug in the WASstAdaptor that prevent multi-threading. Instantiation is working on it, wish to be fixed on Vast  8.5.1.
I can email you my little solution until then.
Bye

Leo

El viernes 16 de marzo de 2012 07:03:50 UTC-3, [hidden email] escribió:
Marten,

is that fix part of VAST 8.5?

Joachim

Am Freitag, 16. März 2012 10:55:03 UTC+1 schrieb Marten Feldtmann:
I would say:

 NO

and

 YES

Instantiations has refactored the Sst*Adapter class and seems to be gone (at least I was not able to reproduce it the easy way or any other wy p to today).

Re: Seaside under heavy load ...

Marten Feldtmann-2
Case Inst 49011

Re: Seaside under heavy load ...

Klaus Breker
Hi,

since last friday version 8.5.1 is available. Is the fix included in this version?

Klaus

Am Freitag, 16. März 2012 12:34:52 UTC+1 schrieb Marten Feldtmann:
Case Inst 49011

Re: Seaside under heavy load ...

Marten Feldtmann-2
No, with 8.5.1 the ConfigMap "Seaside Core V8.5.1 [216]" is delivered to the customer. This map contains "SeasideAdaptorSstApp V8.0.3[162]" - therefore only the NOT corrected version.

Marten

Re: Seaside under heavy load ...

John O'Keefe-3
Klaus -

The patch we sent to Marten was developed too late to be included in V8.5.1.  Additionally, we believe we have developefd a better (simpler) solution to the problem.  Seth and I will be testing it this week and I will post the code here if it passes.

John
On Monday, March 19, 2012 10:09:21 AM UTC-4, Klaus Breker wrote:
Hi,

since last friday version 8.5.1 is available. Is the fix included in this version?

Klaus

Am Freitag, 16. März 2012 12:34:52 UTC+1 schrieb Marten Feldtmann:
Case Inst 49011

Re: Seaside under heavy load ...

Klaus Breker
Hi John,

so please let it pass :-)

Klaus

Am Dienstag, 20. März 2012 02:52:59 UTC+1 schrieb John O'Keefe:
Klaus -

The patch we sent to Marten was developed too late to be included in V8.5.1.  Additionally, we believe we have developefd a better (simpler) solution to the problem.  Seth and I will be testing it this week and I will post the code here if it passes.

John
On Monday, March 19, 2012 10:09:21 AM UTC-4, Klaus Breker wrote:
Hi,

since last friday version 8.5.1 is available. Is the fix included in this version?

Klaus

Am Freitag, 16. März 2012 12:34:52 UTC+1 schrieb Marten Feldtmann:
Case Inst 49011

Re: Seaside under heavy load ...

John O'Keefe-3
Klaus, Joachim, Marten -

Load Test passed! Filein of changes attached.

John

On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:55:05 AM UTC-4, Klaus Breker wrote:
Hi John,

so please let it pass :-)

Klaus

Am Dienstag, 20. März 2012 02:52:59 UTC+1 schrieb John O'Keefe:
Klaus -

The patch we sent to Marten was developed too late to be included in V8.5.1.  Additionally, we believe we have developefd a better (simpler) solution to the problem.  Seth and I will be testing it this week and I will post the code here if it passes.

John
On Monday, March 19, 2012 10:09:21 AM UTC-4, Klaus Breker wrote:
Hi,

since last friday version 8.5.1 is available. Is the fix included in this version?

Klaus

Am Freitag, 16. März 2012 12:34:52 UTC+1 schrieb Marten Feldtmann:
Case Inst 49011

case49011.st (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Seaside under heavy load ...

Klaus Breker
Hi John,

afte finishing our regular work, we could test our Seaside prototype and now we are really lucky, because your change works :-)

Klaus