Seaside wit pharo 2.0

NorbertHartl
What is the current status of it? I switched a project to pharo 2.0 and now I'm facing some troubles when loading 'Zinc Seaside' or Seaside Base from my own configuration. The error is thrown from metacello telling

Error: Name not found: Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core

I'm not a metacello pro but diving into the stack I could see that a package map contained only Seaside-Tests-Pharo20-Core but not Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core.

Any ideas?

Norbert_______________________________________________
seaside mailing list

Re: Seaside wit pharo 2.0

stephane ducasse
Hi

I succeeded to load seaside in 2.0

Gofer new
   url: 'http://squeaksource.com/Seaside30';
   package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
   load.

 (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.8') load.

(Smalltalk at: #ZnZincServerAdaptor) startOn: 8080.

On May 10, 2013, at 12:46 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What is the current status of it? I switched a project to pharo 2.0 and now I'm facing some troubles when loading 'Zinc Seaside' or Seaside Base from my own configuration. The error is thrown from metacello telling
>
> Error: Name not found: Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core
>
> I'm not a metacello pro but diving into the stack I could see that a package map contained only Seaside-Tests-Pharo20-Core but not Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Norbert_______________________________________________
> seaside mailing list

Re: Seaside wit pharo 2.0

EstebanLM
last week I copied to MetaRepo the configuration of seaside 3.0, and AFAIK, it is working fine.

On May 10, 2013, at 12:55 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I succeeded to load seaside in 2.0
>
> Gofer new
>   url: 'http://squeaksource.com/Seaside30';
>   package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>   load.
>
> (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.8') load.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #ZnZincServerAdaptor) startOn: 8080.
>

> On May 10, 2013, at 12:46 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> What is the current status of it? I switched a project to pharo 2.0 and now I'm facing some troubles when loading 'Zinc Seaside' or Seaside Base from my own configuration. The error is thrown from metacello telling
>>
>> Error: Name not found: Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core
>>
>> I'm not a metacello pro but diving into the stack I could see that a package map contained only Seaside-Tests-Pharo20-Core but not Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Norbert_______________________________________________
>> seaside mailing list
>> [hidden email]

Re: Seaside wit pharo 2.0

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 10 May 2013, at 12:55, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I succeeded to load seaside in 2.0
>
> Gofer new
>   url: 'http://squeaksource.com/Seaside30';
>   package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>   load.
>
> (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.8') load.

Is there a way to load Seaside 3.1 ?

> (Smalltalk at: #ZnZincServerAdaptor) startOn: 8080.
>

> On May 10, 2013, at 12:46 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> What is the current status of it? I switched a project to pharo 2.0 and now I'm facing some troubles when loading 'Zinc Seaside' or Seaside Base from my own configuration. The error is thrown from metacello telling
>>
>> Error: Name not found: Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core
>>
>> I'm not a metacello pro but diving into the stack I could see that a package map contained only Seaside-Tests-Pharo20-Core but not Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Norbert_______________________________________________
>> seaside mailing list
>> [hidden email]

Re: Seaside wit pharo 2.0

Johan Brichau-2

On 10 May 2013, at 13:08, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to load Seaside 3.1 ?

afaik, not yet.
I'm not even getting it to load in Pharo1.4 using the current metacello config.

After I published the config for 3.0.8, I got stalled with more urgent matters to attend to.

I just got back to this yesterday, but it seems I've lost my write access to the repositories. Anyway, I don't have anything loadable yet and I'm getting strange dependency errors with the current config.
Diego sent me some changes back when at Pharo conf, but I don't think they're finished either.

Johan_______________________________________________
seaside mailing list

Re: Seaside wit pharo 2.0

NorbertHartl
I think I wasn't detailed enough. Loading the whole package in a fresh image does work for me, too. I'm trying to load only parts of seaside.

In a fresh pharo 2.0 image I can load Zinc-Seaside using

(ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version:'3.0.8') load: 'Zinc-Seaside'

One indirection more does not work. I prepared a configuration that includes only the snippet for loading Zinc-Seaside and this does not work. If I didn't make a mistake this smells like a metacello problem to me. I attach my configuration to this mail. With this using

(ConfigurationOfSeasideLoad project version: '0.1') load

does not work. IMHO it both should equivalent at least in a fresh image.

Any thoughts?

Norbert

Am 10.05.2013 um 12:55 schrieb stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> Hi
>
> I succeeded to load seaside in 2.0
>
> Gofer new
>   url: 'http://squeaksource.com/Seaside30';
>   package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>   load.
>
> (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.8') load.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #ZnZincServerAdaptor) startOn: 8080.
>

> On May 10, 2013, at 12:46 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> What is the current status of it? I switched a project to pharo 2.0 and now I'm facing some troubles when loading 'Zinc Seaside' or Seaside Base from my own configuration. The error is thrown from metacello telling
>>
>> Error: Name not found: Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core
>>
>> I'm not a metacello pro but diving into the stack I could see that a package map contained only Seaside-Tests-Pharo20-Core but not Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Norbert_______________________________________________
>> seaside mailing list
>> [hidden email]

ConfigurationOfSeasideLoad-NorbertHartl.1.mcz (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Seaside wit pharo 2.0

NorbertHartl
I can work around the problem for my CI server by doing

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project lastVersion ) load: #('Zinc-Seaside')

and then loading my own project where the dependency for Zinc-Seaside is commented out

Norbert

Am 10.05.2013 um 14:33 schrieb Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:

> I think I wasn't detailed enough. Loading the whole package in a fresh image does work for me, too. I'm trying to load only parts of seaside.
>
> In a fresh pharo 2.0 image I can load Zinc-Seaside using
>
> (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version:'3.0.8') load: 'Zinc-Seaside'
>
> One indirection more does not work. I prepared a configuration that includes only the snippet for loading Zinc-Seaside and this does not work. If I didn't make a mistake this smells like a metacello problem to me. I attach my configuration to this mail. With this using
>
> (ConfigurationOfSeasideLoad project version: '0.1') load
>
> does not work. IMHO it both should equivalent at least in a fresh image.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Norbert
>
> <ConfigurationOfSeasideLoad-NorbertHartl.1.mcz>
>
> Am 10.05.2013 um 12:55 schrieb stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I succeeded to load seaside in 2.0
>>
>> Gofer new
>>  url: 'http://squeaksource.com/Seaside30';
>>  package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>>  load.
>>
>> (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.8') load.
>>
>> (Smalltalk at: #ZnZincServerAdaptor) startOn: 8080.
>>

>> On May 10, 2013, at 12:46 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> What is the current status of it? I switched a project to pharo 2.0 and now I'm facing some troubles when loading 'Zinc Seaside' or Seaside Base from my own configuration. The error is thrown from metacello telling
>>>
>>> Error: Name not found: Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core
>>>
>>> I'm not a metacello pro but diving into the stack I could see that a package map contained only Seaside-Tests-Pharo20-Core but not Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Norbert_______________________________________________
>>> seaside mailing list
>>> [hidden email]

R: [Seaside] Seaside wit pharo 2.0

Lorenzo
Thank you very much: it works !

Lorenzo

 (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.8') load.

(Smalltalk at: #ZnZincServerAdaptor) startOn: 8080.

On May 10, 2013, at 12:46 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What is the current status of it? I switched a project to pharo 2.0 and
now I'm facing some troubles when loading 'Zinc Seaside' or Seaside Base
from my own configuration. The error is thrown from metacello telling

> Error: Name not found: Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core
>
> I'm not a metacello pro but diving into the stack I could see that a
package map contained only Seaside-Tests-Pharo20-Core but not
Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Core.

> Any ideas?
>
> Norbert_______________________________________________
> seaside mailing list

Re: Seaside wit pharo 2.0

NorbertHartl
Nope, it doesn't work. in the last example I used lastVersion which does not load 3.0.8 but 3.1.0.

Norbert

Am 10.05.2013 um 14:56 schrieb Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:

> I can work around the problem for my CI server by doing
>
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project lastVersion ) load: #('Zinc-Seaside')
>
> and then loading my own project where the dependency for Zinc-Seaside is commented out
>
> Norbert
>
> Am 10.05.2013 um 14:33 schrieb Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I think I wasn't detailed enough. Loading the whole package in a fresh image does work for me, too. I'm trying to load only parts of seaside.
>>
>> In a fresh pharo 2.0 image I can load Zinc-Seaside using
>>
>> (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version:'3.0.8') load: 'Zinc-Seaside'
>>
>> One indirection more does not work. I prepared a configuration that includes only the snippet for loading Zinc-Seaside and this does not work. If I didn't make a mistake this smells like a metacello problem to me. I attach my configuration to this mail. With this using
>>
>> (ConfigurationOfSeasideLoad project version: '0.1') load
>>
>> does not work. IMHO it both should equivalent at least in a fresh image.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>> <ConfigurationOfSeasideLoad-NorbertHartl.1.mcz>
>>
>> Am 10.05.2013 um 12:55 schrieb stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I succeeded to load seaside in 2.0
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>> url: 'http://squeaksource.com/Seaside30';
>>> package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>>> load.
>>>
>>> (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.8') load.
>>>
>>> (Smalltalk at: #ZnZincServerAdaptor) startOn: 8080.

Re: Seaside wit pharo 2.0

Johan Brichau-2
Norbert,

Which version of the ConfigurationOfSeaside30 are you using?

The unfortunate event is that there are two branches of it: one in the Seaside31 repo and one in the Seaside30 repo.
The intention is that the one of the Seaside31 repo loads both, but there have now been changes to the one in the Seaside30 repo which have not yet been merged into the one of Seaside31 repo yet.

If you can still follow me...

In any case, for Seaside 3.0.8, use the one of the Seaside30 repository. If you are loading 3.1.0, then you must be using the one of the Seaside31 repo.

Once I get my write access back (why have I lost it anyway??), I can merge them in again.

On 10 May 2013, at 16:26, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nope, it doesn't work. in the last example I used lastVersion which does not load 3.0.8 but 3.1.0.
>
> Norbert
>
> Am 10.05.2013 um 14:56 schrieb Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I can work around the problem for my CI server by doing
>>
>> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project lastVersion ) load: #('Zinc-Seaside')
>>
>> and then loading my own project where the dependency for Zinc-Seaside is commented out
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>> Am 10.05.2013 um 14:33 schrieb Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> I think I wasn't detailed enough. Loading the whole package in a fresh image does work for me, too. I'm trying to load only parts of seaside.
>>>
>>> In a fresh pharo 2.0 image I can load Zinc-Seaside using
>>>
>>> (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version:'3.0.8') load: 'Zinc-Seaside'
>>>
>>> One indirection more does not work. I prepared a configuration that includes only the snippet for loading Zinc-Seaside and this does not work. If I didn't make a mistake this smells like a metacello problem to me. I attach my configuration to this mail. With this using
>>>
>>> (ConfigurationOfSeasideLoad project version: '0.1') load
>>>
>>> does not work. IMHO it both should equivalent at least in a fresh image.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> Norbert
>>>
>>> <ConfigurationOfSeasideLoad-NorbertHartl.1.mcz>

Re: Seaside wit pharo 2.0

NorbertHartl
The last tests were with the Seaside30 repo. In my configuration at the moment is this

baseline01: spec
        <version: '0.1-baseline'>

        spec for: #common do: [
                spec blessing: #baseline.
               spec repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com'.

        spec
                                project: 'Seaside' with: [
                                        spec
                                                className: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
                                                versionString: '3.0.8';
                                                loads: #('default');
                                                repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside30'].

                spec
                        group: 'default' with: #('Seaside') ].

So my assumptions weren't right. It isn't only a problem to load parts of seaside but also the whole package.

Norbert

Am 10.05.2013 um 16:30 schrieb Johan Brichau <[hidden email]>:

> Norbert,
>
> Which version of the ConfigurationOfSeaside30 are you using?
>
> The unfortunate event is that there are two branches of it: one in the Seaside31 repo and one in the Seaside30 repo.
> The intention is that the one of the Seaside31 repo loads both, but there have now been changes to the one in the Seaside30 repo which have not yet been merged into the one of Seaside31 repo yet.
>
> If you can still follow me...
>
> In any case, for Seaside 3.0.8, use the one of the Seaside30 repository. If you are loading 3.1.0, then you must be using the one of the Seaside31 repo.
>
> Once I get my write access back (why have I lost it anyway??), I can merge them in again.
>
> On 10 May 2013, at 16:26, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Nope, it doesn't work. in the last example I used lastVersion which does not load 3.0.8 but 3.1.0.
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>> Am 10.05.2013 um 14:56 schrieb Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> I can work around the problem for my CI server by doing
>>>
>>> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project lastVersion ) load: #('Zinc-Seaside')
>>>
>>> and then loading my own project where the dependency for Zinc-Seaside is commented out
>>>
>>> Norbert

Re: Seaside wit pharo 2.0

NorbertHartl
Ok,

now it lightens up. The problem seems to be me. I had a configuration of the seaside31 repo floating in my local package-cache and every attempt to load my own configuration tried to update the configuration for seaside and found a newer one in the package-cache. And furthermore I made the same mistake on my jenkins server where the builder script caches packages per project build.

Sorry for the confusion,

Norbert

Am 10.05.2013 um 16:30 schrieb Johan Brichau <[hidden email]>:

> Norbert,
>
> Which version of the ConfigurationOfSeaside30 are you using?
>
> The unfortunate event is that there are two branches of it: one in the Seaside31 repo and one in the Seaside30 repo.
> The intention is that the one of the Seaside31 repo loads both, but there have now been changes to the one in the Seaside30 repo which have not yet been merged into the one of Seaside31 repo yet.
>
> If you can still follow me...
>
> In any case, for Seaside 3.0.8, use the one of the Seaside30 repository. If you are loading 3.1.0, then you must be using the one of the Seaside31 repo.
>
> Once I get my write access back (why have I lost it anyway??), I can merge them in again.
>
> On 10 May 2013, at 16:26, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Nope, it doesn't work. in the last example I used lastVersion which does not load 3.0.8 but 3.1.0.
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>> Am 10.05.2013 um 14:56 schrieb Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> I can work around the problem for my CI server by doing
>>>
>>> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project lastVersion ) load: #('Zinc-Seaside')
>>>
>>> and then loading my own project where the dependency for Zinc-Seaside is commented out
>>>
>>> Norbert

Re: Seaside wit pharo 2.0

Johan Brichau-2
aha... been down that road as well