Seaside3.0.x on Pharo2.0 ?

Johan Brichau-2
Hi everyone,

I'm busy loading and fixing stuff for Seaside3.0.7.1 on Pharo2.x

Since I'm mostly doing rather simple stuff to make it work, I wonder if really nobody else has already done this.
So... is there a more specific reason that this has not happened yet?

I would really want to have Seaside3.0.x on Pharo2.0 as well, not just Seaside3.1.

Johan

ps: I'm perfectly happy doing this, unless I'm repeating someone else's work ;-)_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: Seaside3.0.x on Pharo2.0 ?

DiegoLont
Johan,

I worked on having Seaside 3.1 on Pharo 2.x. and I posted these configurations on the Pharo mailing list. I tried to post this on the seaside dev list too … but my mail exceeded the 100k, so this mail "is being held".

Diego

On Mar 24, 2013, at 1:17 PM, Johan Brichau wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm busy loading and fixing stuff for Seaside3.0.7.1 on Pharo2.x
>
> Since I'm mostly doing rather simple stuff to make it work, I wonder if really nobody else has already done this.
> So... is there a more specific reason that this has not happened yet?
>
> I would really want to have Seaside3.0.x on Pharo2.0 as well, not just Seaside3.1.
>
> Johan
>
> ps: I'm perfectly happy doing this, unless I'm repeating someone else's work ;-)_______________________________________________
> seaside-dev mailing list

Re: Seaside3.0.x on Pharo2.0 ?

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Diego, all,

I now have a mostly working Seaside 3.0.7.1 in Pharo2.0 and a working configuration to load it.

There are a couple of tests failing due to incompatibilities in Grease with Pharo2.0.
They should be easy to fix but I notice that Grease has a different implementation (and already forked for Pharo2.0) in the Seaside3.1 repository.

So now I wonder: backport Grease from the Seaside3.1 repository to Seaside3.0 or merely fix the issues for Grease in the Seaside3.0 repository.

opinions?

Johan

On 24 Mar 2013, at 14:24, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Johan,
>
> I worked on having Seaside 3.1 on Pharo 2.x. and I posted these configurations on the Pharo mailing list. I tried to post this on the seaside dev list too … but my mail exceeded the 100k, so this mail "is being held".
>
> Diego
>
> On Mar 24, 2013, at 1:17 PM, Johan Brichau wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm busy loading and fixing stuff for Seaside3.0.7.1 on Pharo2.x
>>
>> Since I'm mostly doing rather simple stuff to make it work, I wonder if really nobody else has already done this.
>> So... is there a more specific reason that this has not happened yet?
>>
>> I would really want to have Seaside3.0.x on Pharo2.0 as well, not just Seaside3.1.
>>
>> Johan
>>
>> ps: I'm perfectly happy doing this, unless I'm repeating someone else's work ;-)_______________________________________________
>> seaside-dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev

Re: Seaside3.0.x on Pharo2.0 ?

Tobias Pape
Am 24.03.2013 um 15:36 schrieb Johan Brichau <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Diego, all,
>
> I now have a mostly working Seaside 3.0.7.1 in Pharo2.0 and a working configuration to load it.
>
> There are a couple of tests failing due to incompatibilities in Grease with Pharo2.0.
> They should be easy to fix but I notice that Grease has a different implementation (and already forked for Pharo2.0) in the Seaside3.1 repository.
>
> So now I wonder: backport Grease from the Seaside3.1 repository to Seaside3.0 or merely fix the issues for Grease in the Seaside3.0 repository.
>
> opinions?

Could be beneficial for Squeak 4.4, too.

Best
        -Tobias_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: Seaside3.0.x on Pharo2.0 ?

Philippe Marschall
On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Johan,
>
> I worked on having Seaside 3.1 on Pharo 2.x. and I posted these configurations on the Pharo mailing list. I tried to post this on the seaside dev list too … but my mail exceeded the 100k, so this mail "is being held".

If that happens you have to bug Julian, Nick or me. We then have to
log in the web interface and approve the mail. I did that just now so
it should appear now.

Cheers
Philippe