Seaside30/Magritee2/Pier2 warning

Dale
Packages have been removed from some of the repositories related to Seaside3.0 which breaks a number of the Metacello configurations that I've created (or any other build scripts that you may be using). It isn't clear whether the packages were deleted by accident or not. I am scrambling to try to understand what happened to the code in those packages and the extent of the deletions.

If you find that your build processes have been disrupted let me know.

Dale

Re: Seaside30/Magritee2/Pier2 warning

Dale

If you find that you are missing packages for Pier, it looks like they have been moved to the http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/obsolete repository. I will be updating the configurations to point to this repository as soon I can get around to it.

Dale

Re: Seaside30/Magritee2/Pier2 warning

Dale
I've updated the ConfigurationOfPier2 to point to the obsolete repository for the affected packages ... to get a measure of how my day is going, I had forgotten that I haven't finished the port of Pier2 to GLASS, yet, so you guys can't have been affected by the Pier2 problem. It's still a bit early to crack open a beer:)

Dale

----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| ----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
|
| | Packages have been removed from some of the repositories related to
| | Seaside3.0 which breaks a number of the Metacello configurations
| that
| | I've created (or any other build scripts that you may be using). It
| | isn't clear whether the packages were deleted by accident or not. I
| am
| | scrambling to try to understand what happened to the code in those
| | packages and the extent of the deletions.
| |
| | If you find that your build processes have been disrupted let me
| | know.
| |
| | Dale
|
| If you find that you are missing packages for Pier, it looks like they
| have been moved to the http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/obsolete
| repository. I will be updating the configurations to point to this
| repository as soon I can get around to it.
|
| Dale

Re: Seaside30/Magritee2/Pier2 warning

NorbertHartl
Dale,

well, you are right. I wasn't affected. I didn't find time to do anything to help porting it. But I'm still eager to have something. Yesterday I scanned the repository to get a glimpse of the status of the pier2. Can you give a quick status report? As soon as there is anything available I'm willing to convert my second stone to the new thing. My new project would fit perfectly in an alpha image ;)

Norbert

On 22.02.2010, at 21:20, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> I've updated the ConfigurationOfPier2 to point to the obsolete repository for the affected packages ... to get a measure of how my day is going, I had forgotten that I haven't finished the port of Pier2 to GLASS, yet, so you guys can't have been affected by the Pier2 problem. It's still a bit early to crack open a beer:)
>
> Dale
>
> ----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> | ----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> |
> | | Packages have been removed from some of the repositories related to
> | | Seaside3.0 which breaks a number of the Metacello configurations
> | that
> | | I've created (or any other build scripts that you may be using). It
> | | isn't clear whether the packages were deleted by accident or not. I
> | am
> | | scrambling to try to understand what happened to the code in those
> | | packages and the extent of the deletions.
> | |
> | | If you find that your build processes have been disrupted let me
> | | know.
> | |
> | | Dale
> |
> | If you find that you are missing packages for Pier, it looks like they
> | have been moved to the http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/obsolete
> | repository. I will be updating the configurations to point to this
> | repository as soon I can get around to it.
> |
> | Dale

Re: Seaside30/Magritee2/Pier2 warning

Dale
Norbert,

I am currently working on 1.0-beta.8 which is using the shared Pharo configurations for Seaside2.8 and Seaside3.0 ... So things are poised to port the platform-specific packages of Magritte2 to GemStone and commence with the port...

BTW, for those wondering, 1.0-beta.7 can be loaded, once you've boot GLASS, but not that much interesting has been done over and above 1.0-beta.6 (which is the Seaside3.0 alpha). The plan for 1.0-beta.8 is to support the latest Magritte and Pier (on top of Seaside2.8) and Seaside3.0 (no Magritte2 and Pier2, yet).

As you can see there are still some unresolved issues with the latest Magritte/Pier and GLASS that I am working through.

Dale
----- "Norbert Hartl" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Dale,
|
| well, you are right. I wasn't affected. I didn't find time to do
| anything to help porting it. But I'm still eager to have something.
| Yesterday I scanned the repository to get a glimpse of the status of
| the pier2. Can you give a quick status report? As soon as there is
| anything available I'm willing to convert my second stone to the new
| thing. My new project would fit perfectly in an alpha image ;)
|
| Norbert
|

| On 22.02.2010, at 21:20, Dale Henrichs wrote:
|
| > I've updated the ConfigurationOfPier2 to point to the obsolete
| repository for the affected packages ... to get a measure of how my
| day is going, I had forgotten that I haven't finished the port of
| Pier2 to GLASS, yet, so you guys can't have been affected by the Pier2
| problem. It's still a bit early to crack open a beer:)
| >
| > Dale
| >
| > ----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| >
| > | ----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| > |