Seaside305 in Squeak 4.2

Torsten Bergmann
>I installed Seaside 305 in Squeak 4.2.  However, when I go to the
>seaside control panel to start a server, the server doesn't turn on,
>with no error messages.

Did you try manually, for instance:

|adapter|
WAComancheAdaptor startOn: 8080.
adapter := WAComancheAdaptor default.
adapter codec: (GRCodec forEncoding: 'utf-8').
adapter isRunning

Any specific reason you use Squeak? Otherwise try Pharo
- this would ease development a little bit since it is the
Seaside reference platform and the OB tooling support
is therefore focused on the Pharo distro.

Bye
T.

Re: Seaside305 in Squeak 4.2

Jonathan Wright-2
On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 11:42:45 +0100
"Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> |adapter|
> WAComancheAdaptor startOn: 8080.
> adapter := WAComancheAdaptor default.
> adapter codec: (GRCodec forEncoding: 'utf-8').
> adapter isRunning

Great, thank you!  That worked, I can start it and stop it manually.

> Any specific reason you use Squeak? Otherwise try Pharo
> - this would ease development a little bit since it is the
> Seaside reference platform and the OB tooling support
> is therefore focused on the Pharo distro.

Yes, I just now noticed that seaside and OB are developed on Pharo.  I
have always gone away from Pharo, and this is a silly reason, but I
like the looks of Squeak better.  Additionally, I can't find all the
tools in Pharo that I can in Squeak.  I think I will play with Pharo
now more especially since I want to explore seaside.

Thanks again for your help!

-Jonathan

Re: Seaside305 in Squeak 4.2

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Mon, 7 Mar 2011, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

>> I installed Seaside 305 in Squeak 4.2.  However, when I go to the
>> seaside control panel to start a server, the server doesn't turn on,
>> with no error messages.
>
> Did you try manually, for instance:
>
> |adapter|
> WAComancheAdaptor startOn: 8080.
> adapter := WAComancheAdaptor default.
> adapter codec: (GRCodec forEncoding: 'utf-8').
> adapter isRunning
>
> Any specific reason you use Squeak? Otherwise try Pharo
> - this would ease development a little bit since it is the
> Seaside reference platform and the OB tooling support
> is therefore focused on the Pharo distro.

For the note:
- all Seaside tests pass on Squeak that pass on Pharo
- Pharo uses it's own version of OB
- Squeak's OB is currently broken a bit

Levente

> Bye
> T.
>

> --
> NEU: FreePhone - kostenlos mobil telefonieren und surfen!

Re: Seaside305 in Squeak 4.2

Torsten Bergmann
Hi Jonathan,

dont get me wrong - you can continue to use Squeak
if you like.

Squeak 4.2 is able to run Seaside perfect and
without any problem AFAIK. But the tools
part is mainly focused on Pharo because nobody
implemented/maintains "Seaside-Squeak-*" packages
similar to the provided "Seaside-Pharo-*" packages yet.

But switching over to Pharo may save you a little
bit of time. You can switch the look in Pharo using the
Settings/Preference tool. So you can make Pharo look
like old Squeak but the new look from Squeak 4.2
is not provided as a Polymorph theme.

Bye
T.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------