SeasideHosting problem with Css

Florian Minjat
Hi !
I just wanted to test my webapp on seasidehosting.
But the css is missing and I get theses errors :
The stylesheet
http://xxx.seasidehosting.st/files/WAStandardFiles/basics.css was not
loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css"
The stylesheet
http://xxx.seasidehosting.st/files/WAStandardFiles/kalseyTabs.css was
not loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
The stylesheet
http://xxx.seasidehosting.st/files/WAStandardFiles/sourceStyle.css was
not loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
syntax error
[Break on this error] <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
Transitional//EN"\n
http://xxx.seasidehosting.st/files/WAStandardFiles/externalAnchors.js
(line 1)

The image is working fine on localhost and on UnixShell. Is there a
problem with seasideHosting or do I need to do something different
when I want to use it ?

Another problem I have with seaside hosting account : I can't get to
the config page, I only end on my app page. My webapp is the default
entry point, but it should work like this.

Florian

Re: SeasideHosting problem with Css

Philippe Marschall
2007/3/6, Florian Minjat <[hidden email]>:

> Hi !
> I just wanted to test my webapp on seasidehosting.
> But the css is missing and I get theses errors :
> The stylesheet
> http://xxx.seasidehosting.st/files/WAStandardFiles/basics.css was not
> loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css"
> The stylesheet
> http://xxx.seasidehosting.st/files/WAStandardFiles/kalseyTabs.css was
> not loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
> The stylesheet
> http://xxx.seasidehosting.st/files/WAStandardFiles/sourceStyle.css was
> not loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
> syntax error
> [Break on this error] <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
> Transitional//EN"\n
> http://xxx.seasidehosting.st/files/WAStandardFiles/externalAnchors.js
> (line 1)
>
> The image is working fine on localhost and on UnixShell. Is there a
> problem with seasideHosting or do I need to do something different
> when I want to use it ?

You are missing a /seaside/ in your path, example:
http://spielverderber.seasidehosting.st/seaside/files/WAStandardFiles/sourceStyle.css

In general it's best to generate these urls with:
WAStandardFiles urlOf: #sourceStyleCss

> Another problem I have with seaside hosting account : I can't get to
> the config page, I only end on my app page. My webapp is the default
> entry point, but it should work like this.

Do you have a /saside/ in you path?

Philippe

> Florian

Re: SeasideHosting problem with Css

Chris Cunnington-5
I have a feeling that adding "Seaside" to the path is not going to solve the
problem. If he left out "Seaside" it would stop dead right there and say
"Bad Gateway".

As I understand it he gets a working Scriptaculous with a working Counter
but with no CSS. I loaded Pier on my Red Hat server last night, and it's a
bizarre problem. I loaded Damien's image, because when I load Seaside from
Seaside.st I can get Scriptaculous to upload the CSS style sheet from Bern,
but the JavaScript/Ajax is frozen. Dead.

So I upload Damien's image, and now the Ajax works, but the CSS style sheet
is unretrievable. In the non-Pier image you can see, when you click "View
Source" in the browser that there is a link to Europe. In Damien's image
that links is gone, and if it has been replaced with a 16-character session
marker, it is beyond me to know how these links are put in the <head></head>
section.

I hope I have not misunderstood the problem,

Chris Cunnington

2007/3/6, Chris Cunnington <[hidden email]>:
> I have a feeling that adding "Seaside" to the path is not going to solve the
> problem.

Can you please check if the the link I posted works for you?

> If he left out "Seaside" it would stop dead right there and say
> "Bad Gateway".

This in general means that your Smalltalk image is down.

> As I understand it he gets a working Scriptaculous with a working Counter
> but with no CSS. I loaded Pier on my Red Hat server last night, and it's a
> bizarre problem. I loaded Damien's image, because when I load Seaside from
> Seaside.st I can get Scriptaculous to upload the CSS style sheet from Bern,
> but the JavaScript/Ajax is frozen. Dead.

Since we included file library into Seaside (last October) the
Scriptaculous examples ships with all the resouces included and do not
need and internet connection anymore.

Cheers
Philippe

> So I upload Damien's image, and now the Ajax works, but the CSS style sheet
> is unretrievable. In the non-Pier image you can see, when you click "View
> Source" in the browser that there is a link to Europe. In Damien's image
> that links is gone, and if it has been replaced with a 16-character session
> marker, it is beyond me to know how these links are put in the <head></head>
> section.
>
> I hope I have not misunderstood the problem,
>
> Chris Cunnington

Re: SeasideHosting problem with Css

Florian Minjat
Hi,
   I confirm that there is no need for a '/seaside/' in the path as I
ran 'WADispatcher default setName: ''' in order to get rid of it. This
could be the problem though.
   My application is a role-playing game developped in seaside since 2
years now and is working very well on a unixshell virtual server and
localhost. I wanted to use seasideHosting to do some tests before
putting big updates on the production server. I didn't change anything
from my configuration. I fact I just uploaded my local development
image into seasidehosting.
   The problems are on the standard libraries and css of a seaside
application. I have another css but it should work the same as I
definied it from the config app in local.
   Before you ask, we plan on sending an email to present this game as
soon as the béta version is finished.

Florian

Florian Minjat wrote:
> Hi,
>   I confirm that there is no need for a '/seaside/' in the path as I ran
> 'WADispatcher default setName: ''' in order to get rid of it. This could
> be the problem though.

This was the trick !
I should not have get rid of the default path. I just restored it to
'seaside', and it's working perfectly well.
Anyway thanks for the answers.

Florian