SeasideTesting 1.4 error

vvongsoa
Hi everyone,

I am getting a MessageNotUnderstood: SCTesterApplication class>>path: error whenever I run one of the tests included in the SeasideTesting-Examples section. I am using Squeak 3.9, Seaside 2.7, and SeasideTesting 1.4 if that helps.

Thanks,

Jennie V.

Re: SeasideTesting 1.4 error

cdavidshaffer
vvongsoa wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am getting a MessageNotUnderstood: SCTesterApplication class>>path: error
> whenever I run one of the tests included in the SeasideTesting-Examples
> section. I am using Squeak 3.9, Seaside 2.7, and SeasideTesting 1.4 if that
> helps.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jennie V.

I have published an update SeasideTesting on SqueakMap.  It includes a
fix for this bug (and several others) making it compatible with Seaside
2.7 and Squeak 3.9.  Note that 2 of the sample test cases don't pass.
They have to do with backtracking Set's and have never passed in a stock
Seaside image.

David

Re: SeasideTesting 1.4 error

Lukas Renggli
> I have published an update SeasideTesting on SqueakMap.  It includes a
> fix for this bug (and several others) making it compatible with Seaside
> 2.7 and Squeak 3.9.  Note that 2 of the sample test cases don't pass.
> They have to do with backtracking Set's and have never passed in a stock
> Seaside image.

Backtracking of Dictionaries and Sets is fixed in Seaside 2.8. A pity
that you didn't reported that bug, as it caused a lot of headaches to
many people.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: SeasideTesting 1.4 error

cdavidshaffer
Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Backtracking of Dictionaries and Sets is fixed in Seaside 2.8. A pity
> that you didn't reported that bug, as it caused a lot of headaches to
> many people.
>
> Lukas

I reported it long, long ago.  It was part of an extended discussion but
I believe if you search the archives you'll find it easy to find the
discussion.

David

Re: SeasideTesting 1.4 error

cdavidshaffer
David Shaffer wrote:
> I reported it long, long ago.  It was part of an extended discussion
> but I believe if you search the archives you'll find it easy to find
> the discussion.
>
> David

It was even easier to find than I thought since the subject of my post
was: "Bug in Set backtracking".  I'm officially reporting a bug in bug
tracking :-)

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2005-October/005863.html

David

Re: SeasideTesting 1.4 error

stephane ducasse
you were too young lukas ;)
By the way do we use mantis for seaside.
because this would be a nice way to keep important bugs in front of
our nose.

Stef

On 23 mars 07, at 15:27, David Shaffer wrote:

> David Shaffer wrote:
>> I reported it long, long ago.  It was part of an extended
>> discussion but I believe if you search the archives you'll find it
>> easy to find the discussion.
>>
>> David
>>
> It was even easier to find than I thought since the subject of my
> post was: "Bug in Set backtracking".  I'm officially reporting a
> bug in bug tracking :-)
>
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2005-October/
> 005863.html
>

> David

Re: SeasideTesting 1.4 error

Lukas Renggli
> you were too young lukas ;)

Maybe ;) I just find it strange that this was never fixed even if it
was well known.

Anyway, it is fixed in the 2.8 branch and it should be easy to
backport if anybody is interested.

> By the way do we use mantis for seaside.

I don't think so. There is a category called 'Seaside' with a couple
of bugs. I didn't know about those and they all seem to be outdated.
How can I close them? How do I get notified about new ones?

Moreover there are categories for 'SmallWiki' and 'SmallWiki2'
(something that does not exist) that I don't know about.

> because this would be a nice way to keep important bugs in front of
> our nose.

I agree.

Lukas

--