[SeasideXUL] - refresh works in Firefox browser but not when run as "firefox -app app.ini"

[SeasideXUL] - refresh works in Firefox browser but not when run as "firefox -app app.ini"

Milan Zimmermann-2
Hi Pavel,

I am experiencing behavior that is opposite to the higher security settings
when running remote XUL apps from the browser (compared to firefox -app or
xulrunner).

A piece of code in my "demo" app is running a search, fills a component with
data and then invokes "parentSearchResultComp refresh" to should data found.
This works in plain firefox browser (both 2 and 3), the refreshed with data
is shown. However, when run either from XULrunner 1.9 or "firefox -app", the
refresh does not do anything. Debugging through it, it appears everything is
correct, the new component is rendered, the new data are rendered, but
nothing shows on the client window.

I guess I have a question whether you noticed something like this. Also, is
there a good way to debug this, for example show a javascript console in
xulrunner or firefox -app, and/or somehow look at what is going back to the
client.

Thanks Milan

Re: [SeasideXUL] - refresh works in Firefox browser but not when run as "firefox -app app.ini"

Milan Zimmermann-2
On 2008 July 10, Milan Zimmermann wrote:

> Hi Pavel,
>
> I am experiencing behavior that is opposite to the higher security settings
> when running remote XUL apps from the browser (compared to firefox -app or
> xulrunner).
>
> A piece of code in my "demo" app is running a search, fills a component
> with data and then invokes "parentSearchResultComp refresh" to should data
> found. This works in plain firefox browser (both 2 and 3), the refreshed
> with data is shown. However, when run either from XULrunner 1.9 or "firefox
> -app", the refresh does not do anything. Debugging through it, it appears
> everything is correct, the new component is rendered, the new data are
> rendered, but nothing shows on the client window.

Half-answering to myself here, it appears the problem is in the way the
overlay attaches the "main.xul to http://.../MySeasideApp" . For a reason I
do not fully understand yet, any response that follows seems to end up in
MySeasideApp. However, when I make my "example app" another item on the
PeriodicElementTable, all works as expected, so I am running my example app
that way. Anyway, just wanted to mention this does not have anything to do
with security as I thought.

> I guess I have a question whether you noticed something like this. Also, is
> there a good way to debug this, for example show a javascript console in
> xulrunner or firefox -app, and/or somehow look at what is going back to the
> client.

Trying to find a way to run a javascript debugger in xulrunner.  seems a bit
deserted in that area.

Milan