Seattle Meet Up

Casey Ransberger-2
Hello Squeakers!

I sent a similar message to the community list, and while I did get one reply, I have a feeling that many of the people who are on squeak-dev aren't on the community list. If you aren't on the community list because you don't want to see email like this, I'm sorry! But I really need more than one rolling stone to start a band, so I figured it's worth a shot.

I'm planning to start a user group in Seattle, WA around dynamic object oriented programming. If there's enough takers, I'd really like to focus it on Smalltalk or even Squeak. If that doesn't happen, plan B is to open the flood gates and try to get all the Rubyists and Pythonistas feuding together in the same room, and maybe I can sneak some in some deprogramming with Squeak.

If you're in the area, and you might like to meet some Squeakers once a month, please reply.

Re: Seattle Meet Up

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Casey Ransberger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Squeakers!

I sent a similar message to the community list, and while I did get one reply, I have a feeling that many of the people who are on squeak-dev aren't on the community list. If you aren't on the community list because you don't want to see email like this, I'm sorry! But I really need more than one rolling stone to start a band, so I figured it's worth a shot.

Please, if you came from Seattle, start Nirvana, not Rolling Stone  ;)
Sorry for the off-topic, I couldn't resist

I'm planning to start a user group in Seattle, WA around dynamic object oriented programming. If there's enough takers, I'd really like to focus it on Smalltalk or even Squeak. If that doesn't happen, plan B is to open the flood gates and try to get all the Rubyists and Pythonistas feuding together in the same room, and maybe I can sneak some in some deprogramming with Squeak.

If you're in the area, and you might like to meet some Squeakers once a month, please reply.

cbc

Re: Seattle Meet Up

cbc
I'd be very interested in something like this, especially Squeak
oriented.  I don't get to do it for profit (usually), but I do
occassionaly get to do it for fun.  Mainly like lots of people,
finding time between work, kids, and sleep.

I'm from Kent, so the south end of Seattle would be best for me.
Also, the next month will likely be very hard for me to make meetings.
 Still, very interesting.

Thanks,
Chris Cunningham

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Casey Ransberger
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm planning to start a user group in Seattle, WA around dynamic object oriented programming. If there's enough takers, I'd really like to focus it on Smalltalk or even Squeak. If that doesn't happen, plan B is to open the flood gates and try to get all the Rubyists and Pythonistas feuding together in the same room, and maybe I can sneak some in some deprogramming with Squeak.
>
> If you're in the area, and you might like to meet some Squeakers once a month, please reply.

Re: Seattle Meet Up

Casey Ransberger-2
That's two takers and myself, and I'll call that good enough to start some trouble up in the neighborhood. The guy who put me onto Squeak is local, too, so maybe we'll have a group of four for our first meeting.

Thanks to both responders, and feel free to respond to me directly if you are in the area and are also interested. I'll take this topic off of squeak-dev now, as it's just noise to most of the world. I'll be emailing interested parties directly.

To the rest of the people of squeak-dev: thanks for putting up with the noise thread. My experiment was a success; there are in fact more interested Seattle locals on the squeak-dev list than there are on the communities list.