Secure Swazoo 0.9.57 - release notes

Janko Mivšek
Hi all,

Secure Swazoo keeps Swazoo-Core almost untouched, main change is
introduction of two instvars and methods in HTTPRequest:

    instvars: encrypted, authenticated
    methods:
        isEncrypted: if request came through encrypted connection
        isAuthenticated: if request sender is properly authenticated
(SSL client certificate,
            not yet implemented)

Resources can then decide if this request is valid or not for their needs.

Resources have now start/stop methods, which are empty for now but can
be used for proper starting or stoping. When you start/stop a site or
whole Swazoo, those methods are called.

Janko

Re: Secure Swazoo 0.9.57 - release notes

Joseph Bacanskas-3
Hi Janko:

Whili loading the release from the Public repository, I got a walkback saying
that it could not load a library named vwssl.so.  I'm late for work and can't
investigate right now.  I'll check again tonight.

Suggestions?

On Wednesday 20 March 2002 06:49 am, Janko Mivsek wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Secure Swazoo keeps Swazoo-Core almost untouched, main change is
> introduction of two instvars and methods in HTTPRequest:
>
>     instvars: encrypted, authenticated
>     methods:
>         isEncrypted: if request came through encrypted connection
>         isAuthenticated: if request sender is properly authenticated
> (SSL client certificate,
>             not yet implemented)
>
> Resources can then decide if this request is valid or not for their needs.
>
> Resources have now start/stop methods, which are empty for now but can
> be used for proper starting or stoping. When you start/stop a site or
> whole Swazoo, those methods are called.
>
> Janko

Thanks!!
Joseph Bacanskas [|]
--- I use Smalltalk.  My amp goes to eleven.

Re: Secure Swazoo 0.9.57 - release notes

Janko Mivšek
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your comment ... There is never enough testing, ehh :)

Anyway, my instructions are in wrong order, you need to instal vwssl.so
and openssl first, then load OpenSSL because it make initialization of
sll interface (DLLCC) and in this step it already checks for an
existence of vwssl library. But you can safely skip this initialization
if you can.

If this error will persist, try to set your $LD_LIBRARY_PATH by adding
just point at the end:

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:.

Waiting for successfull result now ... :)

JAnko