Secure login and unsecure app

Sebastian Sastre-2
Hi there,

    how one make an apache or lighthttp configuration that makes a seaside app to make its login secure (https) and the rest of the app insecure (http)?

    I've imagined by making two apps (one secured and other insecure) the secured only for login.. but can the user session can be passed from one application to another?

    cheers,

Sebastian Sastre

Re: Secure login and unsecure app

Philippe Marschall
2007/8/10, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]>:

> Hi there,
>
>     how one make an apache or lighthttp configuration that makes a seaside
> app to make its login secure (https) and the rest of the app insecure
> (http)?
>
>     I've imagined by making two apps (one secured and other insecure) the
> secured only for login.. but can the user session can be passed from one
> application to another?

Not out of the box. You can experiment with switching the application
of a session or #call: to a new customized WARenderLoop. No guaranties
though that it works.

Cheers
Philippe

>     cheers,
>

> Sebastian Sastre

RE: Secure login and unsecure app

Sebastian Sastre-2
A perhaps simpler solution I can imagine is to put just the login component
in another path than the rest of the application and manage that path to go
to https with apache's RewriteRule. Something like:

        http://subdomain1.domain.com  (the main usual seaside app)
        https://subdomain1.domain.com/login (the login only)

What do you think? Is possible to mount a component in a sigtlhy different
URL?

        thanks,

Sebastian Sastre

2007/8/11, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]>:
> A perhaps simpler solution I can imagine is to put just the login component
> in another path than the rest of the application and manage that path to go
> to https with apache's RewriteRule. Something like:
>
>         http://subdomain1.domain.com  (the main usual seaside app)
>         https://subdomain1.domain.com/login (the login only)
>
> What do you think? Is possible to mount a component in a sigtlhy different
> URL?

In theory yes, that's what Pier is doing. But that's tricky. You'd
have to use #updateUrl: #addToPath: and friends. Seriously it would be
much simpler (and safer) if you just put the whole application behind
https (you can make a redirect for those who come over http).

Cheers
Philippe