Securing the site

Mark Carter-3
I'm new to Smalltalk and Seaside.

I started Seaside 3.0 all-in-one for Windows. I started the adapter from the
control panel and put it in deployment mode. However, if I point my browser to
    http://localhost:8080
the menu strip down the bottom (the one with Configure and Halos on it) is still
visible. What gives? That's worrying. Isn't that massively insecure? I've
Googled around for deploying Seaside, but I can't seem to find a straight answer
about what I'm supposed to do about it.

Re: Securing the site

stephane ducasse
http://book.seaside.st

Stef
On Aug 31, 2010, at 10:15 PM, Mark Carter wrote:

> I'm new to Smalltalk and Seaside.
>
> I started Seaside 3.0 all-in-one for Windows. I started the adapter from the
> control panel and put it in deployment mode. However, if I point my browser to
>    http://localhost:8080
> the menu strip down the bottom (the one with Configure and Halos on it) is still
> visible. What gives? That's worrying. Isn't that massively insecure? I've
> Googled around for deploying Seaside, but I can't seem to find a straight answer
> about what I'm supposed to do about it.

Re: Securing the site

Nick
more specifically: http://book.seaside.st/book/advanced/deployment/deployment-preparing

On 7 September 2010 07:07, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://book.seaside.st

Stef
On Aug 31, 2010, at 10:15 PM, Mark Carter wrote:

> I'm new to Smalltalk and Seaside.
>
> I started Seaside 3.0 all-in-one for Windows. I started the adapter from the
> control panel and put it in deployment mode. However, if I point my browser to
>    http://localhost:8080
> the menu strip down the bottom (the one with Configure and Halos on it) is still
> visible. What gives? That's worrying. Isn't that massively insecure? I've
> Googled around for deploying Seaside, but I can't seem to find a straight answer
> about what I'm supposed to do about it.

Re: Securing the site

Jan van de Sandt
Hello Mark,

You can disable the Configure and Halo functionality but I think it is better to prepare a Smalltalk runtime image without these development packages loaded. I did something similar for my ec2demo Seaside app. See http://blog.doit.st/2010/09/08/creating-a-seaside-runtime-image-with-pharo/

Jan.

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:15 PM, Mark Carter <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm new to Smalltalk and Seaside.

I started Seaside 3.0 all-in-one for Windows. I started the adapter from the
control panel and put it in deployment mode. However, if I point my browser to
   http://localhost:8080
the menu strip down the bottom (the one with Configure and Halos on it) is still
visible. What gives? That's worrying. Isn't that massively insecure? I've
Googled around for deploying Seaside, but I can't seem to find a straight answer
about what I'm supposed to do about it.

Jan van de Sandt
gsm: +31 (0)6 3039 5998