Seemingly Stupid Question

Me

Seemingly Stupid Question

Me
How do I manipulate the package folder hierarchy? (I.E. adding folders
and adding packages to them)  I assume it's possible and the answer is
obvious, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I'm still evaluating the
5.0 trial, is it possible that the feature to do this isn't yet
enabled for me? I feel real stupid to be asking this, but I've spent
hours looking for an answer to no avail. Thanks!

--chris

Me

Re: Seemingly Stupid Question

Me
I may have figured out my own answer. I uninstalled my packaged, put
the pac file in the subdirectory I wanted it (using Window Explorer),
and then reinstalled it. Kind of a round-a-bout way to go about it,
but it'll do.

--chris

On Sat, 07 Sep 2002 17:15:48 GMT, Me <[hidden email]> wrote:

>How do I manipulate the package folder hierarchy? (I.E. adding folders
>and adding packages to them)  I assume it's possible and the answer is
>obvious, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I'm still evaluating the
>5.0 trial, is it possible that the feature to do this isn't yet
>enabled for me? I feel real stupid to be asking this, but I've spent
>hours looking for an answer to no avail. Thanks!
>
>--chris

Re: Seemingly Stupid Question

Ian Bartholomew-17
Chris,

> I may have figured out my own answer. I uninstalled my packaged, put
> the pac file in the subdirectory I wanted it (using Window Explorer),
> and then reinstalled it. Kind of a round-a-bout way to go about it,
> but it'll do.

That's one way.

 From within Dolphin you can create a new folder in the open dialog at the
same time as you create the new package.  You can also copy a package by
selecting "Save as" from the Package Browser's File menu - creating a new
target folder if needed.  If you just want to create a folder then you can
"cheat" by creating a new package and folder but not saving the package.

To check where a package was loaded from you can select the package in the
PackageBrowser or SystemBrowser and look at the properties value.

There's one or two things to be careful about when moving packages around,
you can get into trouble with prerequisites referring the wrong file, but
that's probably not worth worrying about until you start creating multiple
interconnected packages.

Regards
    Ian

Re: Seemingly Stupid Question

Ian Bartholomew-17
Chris,

> I may have figured out my own answer. I uninstalled my packaged, put
> the pac file in the subdirectory I wanted it (using Window Explorer),
> and then reinstalled it. Kind of a round-a-bout way to go about it,
> but it'll do.

That's one way.