Select 123,456.78 with double click

Bob Nemec
Is there a mechanism to have a numeric string, like '123,456.78', fully selected when double-clicked on a input field?

It's a user request for our in-house application. I imagine it would be a common requirement for any app that displays numbers.
Right now, if the text is double clicked the digits between any of the non-numeric characters is selected. So, if the cursor is on the '5', the text selected would be '456'.

Thanks for any help,
Bob Nemec

Bob Nemec

Re: Select 123,456.78 with double click

Nowak, Helge

A common behaviour of Windows applications to select the whole contents on a triple-click. Not present in VisualWorks neither, yet maybe easier to implement?

Cheers

Helge

Re: Select 123,456.78 with double click

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)

Also, you can select whole field by double-clicking on the empty space to the immediate right or left of its contents, wouldn’t that suggestion work for users?

-Boris