Self Introduction, GSoC 2017

Vasantha Ganesh K
Hello all,
  As GNU is selected for GSoC 2017, can I apply for Smalltalk?

I my name is Vasantha Ganesh Kanniappan. I am a free software enthusiast.  I am doing my Bachelors in Computer Science Engineering from Amrita School of Engineering. I am a languages guy. Previously I've tried to write a parser for subset of Python2 with Bison and Flex. I've also tried to write a JVM in Java as a learning exercise. It was nothing big, I used Javassist for parsing the class file. I used reflection library for builtin library calls. I implemented around 26 op-codes ( It could do some simple arithmetic and some printing. I understand the working of a stack machine (I learnt it from I am interested in working with interpreters. I do not know smalltalk, I should be able to pick it up in a couple of days.

I am interested in working on "Smalltalk in Smalltalk" project idea from 2014 ( I would like to know if some one is willing to mentor if I can apply for Smalltalk.

Other than that, I have a blog here ( and my repos on GitHub are here (

My nick on Freenode is `GreySunshine'.

Vasantha Ganesh K.
help-smalltalk mailing list
[hidden email]