Semaphore>>isSignaled?

1 message Options

Semaphore>>isSignaled?

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Blair,

#excessSignals is marked private.  I just encountered a test that would
benefit from either it being public or a Semaphore>>isSignaled -
anything that would give a non-blocking way to tell whether something
else has happened.  Does such a thing exist?  If not, please consider
adding it.  I could accomplish it with a mutex-protected flag, but a
semaphore has advantages, and the test all but needs one anyway.

FWIW, I have found other uses (adding data to debugging logs) for
#excessSignals, which might bolster the argument to make it public.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.