Send smartphone message from Pharo and Gemstone

Send smartphone message from Pharo and Gemstone

dario trussardi
Ciao,

        from my application ( development into Pharo and deployment into Gemstone )

         i'm interested to send messages to the users smartphone.

        Considerations about it ?

        Thanks,

                Dario

Re: Send smartphone message from Pharo and Gemstone

Max Leske
Hi Dario,

We use a service provider called eCall to do that for us. They provide an API (not a nice one). Of course they charge us.

Using a service provider is the simplest way in my opinion. Not sure if you'd even need some sort of governmental approval to hook into the network.

By “message” du you mean text messages as in SMS?

Cheers,
Max

> On 29 Apr 2016, at 12:24, Trussardi Dario Romano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ciao,
>
> from my application ( development into Pharo and deployment into Gemstone )
>
> i'm interested to send messages to the users smartphone.
>
> Considerations about it ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dario

Re: Send smartphone message from Pharo and Gemstone

dario trussardi
Ciao Max,

        thanks.

> Hi Dario,
>
> We use a service provider called eCall to do that for us. They provide an API (not a nice one). Of course they charge us.
>
> Using a service provider is the simplest way in my opinion. Not sure if you'd even need some sort of governmental approval to hook into the network.
>
> By “message” du you mean text messages as in SMS?

        Yes, i need to send text message as in SMS.

                Dario

> Cheers,
> Max
>
>> On 29 Apr 2016, at 12:24, Trussardi Dario Romano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Ciao,
>>
>> from my application ( development into Pharo and deployment into Gemstone )
>>
>> i'm interested to send messages to the users smartphone.
>>
>> Considerations about it ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dario

Re: Send smartphone message from Pharo and Gemstone

Esteban A. Maringolo
> Ciao Max,
>> Hi Dario,
>> We use a service provider called eCall to do that for us. They provide an API (not a nice one). Of course they charge us.
>> By “message” du you mean text messages as in SMS?
>
>         Yes, i need to send text message as in SMS.

You could use Twilio or Tropo (bindings in SmalltalkHub) for that purpose.

Esteban A. Maringolo