Senders from package(s)

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

Is there a way to browse all senders of particular selector, scoped to one or more packages?

Bill

Re: Senders from package(s)

Stéphane Ducasse
yes use the refactoring browser and open a scope
        refactor menu
        you get a yellow browser where all the operations are scoped

On Aug 13, 2010, at 12:37 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Is there a way to browse all senders of particular selector, scoped to one or more packages?
>
> Bill

Re: Senders from package(s)

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

That sounds great, but I'm confused about the menus.  The offending code is all one package with lots of branches: stuff like Gizmo-base, Gizmo-devices-gas-analyzer, Gizmo-oxygen-sensor, etc.  How can I open a scoped browser on all of Gizmo?

Bill

yes use the refactoring browser and open a scope
        refactor menu
        you get a yellow browser where all the operations are scoped

On Aug 13, 2010, at 12:37 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Is there a way to browse all senders of particular selector, scoped to one or more packages?
>
> Bill

Re: Senders from package(s)

Lukas Renggli
Check "Pharo by Example" and stackoverflow.com, there is a
chapter/question on exactly that.

Lukas

On Friday, August 13, 2010, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Stef,
>
> That sounds great, but I'm confused about the menus.  The offending code is all one package with lots of branches: stuff like Gizmo-base, Gizmo-devices-gas-analyzer, Gizmo-oxygen-sensor, etc.  How can I open a scoped browser on all of Gizmo?
>
> Bill

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Senders from package(s)

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Lukas,

As a side effect of searching, I found that ShoutPier lives in Pier-add-ons.  Otherwise, it's information overload on browser scoping; can you narrow it down?

Bill

Check "Pharo by Example" and stackoverflow.com, there is a
chapter/question on exactly that.

Lukas

On Friday, August 13, 2010, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Stef,
>
> That sounds great, but I'm confused about the menus.  The offending code is all one package with lots of branches: stuff like Gizmo-base, Gizmo-devices-gas-analyzer, Gizmo-oxygen-sensor, etc.  How can I open a scoped browser on all of Gizmo?
>
> Bill

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Senders from package(s)

Lukas Renggli
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3290225/restrict-querying-for-senders-to-a-certain-package/3292476#3292476

On Friday, August 13, 2010, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lukas,
>
> As a side effect of searching, I found that ShoutPier lives in Pier-add-ons.  Otherwise, it's information overload on browser scoping; can you narrow it down?
>
> Bill

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Senders from package(s)

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Were you thinking of something like:

( ( BrowserEnvironment new forPackageNames:#( 'Gizmo' ) )
        label:'Fix these';
        referencesTo:#next )
        open.

?

On Friday, August 13, 2010, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lukas,
>
> As a side effect of searching, I found that ShoutPier lives in Pier-add-ons.  Otherwise, it's information overload on browser scoping; can you narrow it down?
>
> Bill

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch