Separate compilation with Pillar?

abergel
Hi!

Is there a way to separately compile a chapter when writing a book in Pillar?
The compilation time is pretty long...

Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Separate compilation with Pillar?

CyrilFerlicot
Le 19/07/2015 11:00, Alexandre Bergel a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to separately compile a chapter when writing a book in Pillar?
> The compilation time is pretty long...
>
> Alexandre

Hi Alexandre!
You can just do
./pillar export --to={export format} {nameOfYouFile.pillar}

If you edit a chapter on a SquareBracketAssociates's git, or if you took
pillar's book-skeleton, you should have a compile.sh script, so you can
just do

./compile.sh NameOfFolder/NameOfChapter.pillar

But when you do only 1 chapter the numerator will not take the whole
book into account, so at the end I recommend to compile one time the
whole book.

--
Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot-Delbecque

Re: Separate compilation with Pillar?

Peter Uhnak
I think that the biggest hurdle is LaTeX... so for example I disabled latex exports (since I was interested from 95% only in HTML), and enabled them only for the final product.

Peter

Le 19/07/2015 15:53, Peter Uhnák a écrit :
> I think that the biggest hurdle is LaTeX... so for example I disabled
> latex exports (since I was interested from 95% only in HTML), and
> enabled them only for the final product.
>
> Peter

I'll work soon on getting ride of the scripts.
We'll try to have everything on the configuration file. So, that will be
easy to export only 1 chapter, or to remove one export etc.

--
Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot-Delbecque

Re: Separate compilation with Pillar?

abergel
Ok, thanks!!!

Alexandre

> On Jul 19, 2015, at 1:41 PM, Ferlicot D. Cyril <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Le 19/07/2015 11:00, Alexandre Bergel a écrit :
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is there a way to separately compile a chapter when writing a book in Pillar?
>> The compilation time is pretty long...
>>
>> Alexandre
>>

> Hi Alexandre!
> You can just do
> ./pillar export --to={export format} {nameOfYouFile.pillar}
>
> If you edit a chapter on a SquareBracketAssociates's git, or if you took
> pillar's book-skeleton, you should have a compile.sh script, so you can
> just do
>
> ./compile.sh NameOfFolder/NameOfChapter.pillar
>
> But when you do only 1 chapter the numerator will not take the whole
> book into account, so at the end I recommend to compile one time the
> whole book.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Cyril Ferlicot-Delbecque

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Separate compilation with Pillar?

stepharo
Alex you should use the texmate plugin because the chapter is rendered
on Cmd-R.

The compile.sh allows you to compile the full book or separated chapters
and this from long time.

Stef

Le 19/7/15 11:00, Alexandre Bergel a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to separately compile a chapter when writing a book in Pillar?
> The compilation time is pretty long...
>
> Alexandre

Re: Separate compilation with Pillar?

Damien Cassou-2

Ferlicot D. Cyril <[hidden email]> writes:

> I'll work soon on getting ride of the scripts.
> We'll try to have everything on the configuration file. So, that will be
> easy to export only 1 chapter, or to remove one export etc.

that' really important Cyril. We should get rid of bash scripts.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Re: Separate compilation with Pillar?

abergel
Alex you should use the texmate plugin because the chapter is rendered on Cmd-R.

Oh! I did not know this!

By the way, is there a way to have the spell checker when using TextMate? I do not have the spell checker when editing Pillar files. Am I the only one?

Cheers,
Alexandre