:: Separator in class names

Torsten Bergmann
Remember this December thread from 2016:

  http://forum.world.st/Separator-in-class-names-td4926162.html

There is no need for a full blown namespace solution with scoping, imports, ....

Only for allowing a separator in class names.

Within this thread I wrote:

>Not many of you answered this thread in 2016. Maybe
>I have more luck in 2017 ;)

Looks like one year passed and there was no luck with it.

Any chance for 2018? ;)

Bye
T.

Re: :: Separator in class names

Pavel Krivanek-3
Actually I think we do not need any change in the language syntax. Classes can provide information about their prefix and tools can take it into account during displaying it in the lists or code.

-- Pavel

Within this thread I wrote:

>Not many of you answered this thread in 2016. Maybe
>I have more luck in 2017 ;)

Looks like one year passed and there was no luck with it.

Any chance for 2018? ;)

Bye
T.

Re: :: Separator in class names

Torsten Bergmann
This is not the same. Lets assume you have a class JSObject with a class side method:

  toolPrefix
     ^'JS' -> 'JavaScript'

providing such info for the tools and you use that to display it in the browser as

  JavaScript::Object

But still in the methods I would have to write JSObject in the code.
Which would be more confusing and useless then ...

Bye
T.

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. Dezember 2017 um 08:25 Uhr
Von: "Pavel Krivanek" <[hidden email]>