Serial Port Communication

Guy Dillen
I need to develop an application that needs serial port communication. Are
there any classes available supporting this?

Thanks for any help.

Guy

Re: Serial Port Communication

Ian Bartholomew-18
Guy,

> I need to develop an application that needs serial port communication. Are
> there any classes available supporting this?

What sort of complexity level are you looking for?.

If you just want a way of squirting bytes to/from the serial port then I
have got a very simple package that might suffice.  It does very little
else, no error correcting and no support for anything other than the
essential api for example, but that might be enough?

Way back in the days of the first couple of versions of Dolphin I also had a
much more complex package that was intended to provide fuller set of classes
and methods wrapping the serial api.  I found that I didn't need all the
extra baggage and stopped developing it.  I can't remember much about it now
but I can dig out a copy and "Dolphin XP'ise" it if you want.

Ahhh, it's years since I poked around in a DCB - happy memories :-)

Regards
    Ian

http://www.idb.me.uk