Serializing FileUploads with jQuery

Robert Sirois
My file upload won't respond to #serialize... is there a different way this needs to be done?

Thanks,
RS

Re: Serializing FileUploads with jQuery

Nick
Yes as far as I know there is no way to use Ajax to upload files. There is a work around which sets the form's target to a hidden iFrame.

I've written a component that wraps the technique here: http://www.squeaksource.com/fileupload

Although I mention Nginx in the blog post the repository contains a component that works with standard Seaside and allows file-upload in the background in an ajax like way.

Nick

On 16 September 2011 15:58, Robert Sirois <[hidden email]> wrote:
My file upload won't respond to #serialize... is there a different way this needs to be done?

Thanks,
RS

RE: Serializing FileUploads with jQuery

Robert Sirois