Server fails to start

Bernat Romagosa
Hi list,

I'm coming back to Amber for a new project, but I see things have changed a bit since last time I cloned the repo (two-three months ago, tops).

The server failed to start when running bin/server, but that's because, in Debian, Node.js needs to be invoked with the nodejs command, so I fixed this. However, the server still fails to start, reporting the following:

AmberCli class >> main
AmberCli class >> handleArguments:
AmberCli class >> perform:withArguments:
AmberCli class >> serve:
FileServer >> start
FileServer >> checkDirectoryLayout
JSObjectProxy >> doesNotUnderstand:
JSObjectProxy >> doesNotUnderstand:
[object Object] does not understand #existsSync:
/home/bromagosa/AmberFire/cli/js/amber-cli.js:18058
throw anError;
      ^
Error:

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks! :)

--
Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Server fails to start

Manfred Kröhnert

Hi Bernat,

You need at least Node version 0.8 to start the Amber server.

Best,
Manfred