Server

Raj A
Dear Solution provider

I am interested in creating a web based application in Smalltalk, which can
be accessed (not just static browsing but full interaction) from the common
web browsers.

My questions are:
  - Should I start from scratch ?
  - Do I need programs other than Smalltalk ?

All help welcome !

Re: Server

Andy Bower
Raj,

> I am interested in creating a web based application in Smalltalk, which
can
> be accessed (not just static browsing but full interaction) from the
common
> web browsers.
>
> My questions are:
>   - Should I start from scratch ?
>   - Do I need programs other than Smalltalk ?

Depending what you want to do you should neither have to start from scratch
or move out of Smalltalk. The best place to start might be Dolphin Harbour.
This is a site run by Jerry Bell and Steve Waring dedicated to web services
in Dolphin Smalltalk (www.dolphinharbor.org).

They use a number of methods to provide web services but one that might be
of interest is Swazoo (Smalltalk Web Application Zoo) which is a Camp
Smalltalk project. See http://www.dolphinharbor.org/dh/projects/swazoo

Also check out Spray: http://www.dolphinharbor.org/dh/projects/spray for
Soap based web services.

Best Regards,